Wilson for Winston trade? (1 Viewer)

Any long time Saints fans will cringe at the thought of a "Wilson" at QB. That was an epic fail. Fans were so desperate to see him out of the game that they even cheered when he was injured. They knew that was the only way he was coming out. Any old timers please let me know if I am reinventing history. That's the way I remember it though.
You remember right. I was at that game. I think it was a Monday night game around 1995 or 96, the Ditka era. I did not cheer when Wade Wilson got hurt, but some of the fans did. It was NOT because they wanted Wade to get hurt. It was because everyone knew Wade Wilson was done except the coach, and the fans were sick to death watching Ditka refuse to admit the obvious.

You remember right. I was at that game. I think it was a Monday night game around 1995 or 96, the Ditka era. I did not cheer when Wade Wilson got hurt, but some of the fans did. It was NOT because they wanted Wade to get hurt. It was because everyone knew Wade Wilson was done except the coach, and the fans were sick to death watching Ditka refuse to admit the obvious.
Gotta be honest here.. If Dennis Allen were run over on the sidelines I'd be tempted to mimic those 95/96 fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom