Wilson Not Willing to Sign After Deadline (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score

This is a guy I’d be willing to give up an entire draft for. For him to be the next QB when Drew leaves would fit perfectly in so many ways I can’t even count them. Least of which is the fact that theyre the same size.

I wouldn't want to do it just for the fact that the media would never let us live it down that we're the team that gives up drafts for one single player.

That being said, if it somehow could be worked out that he comes to us in free agency, that'd be pretty great. Don't see the planets aligning though.

I am a huge Wilson fan. imho, SP wants a mobile QB to replace Brees, at least mobile enough to buy time around the pocket to let receiver progressions mature. SP seemed enamored by Mahomes and Baker, both who can flat out scramble and create havoc for defenses.

In house already is Hill who fits the Mahomes/Baker mode in terms of creating havoc with his athletic ability. But will Hill ever be good enough to lead an SP offense? Teddy B fits the mode of athletic enough to buy time around the pocket.

Now, if Wilson ever really became available, I'd say that we throw the boat after him. I just don't think Pete Carol will let Wilson free. I personally do not like Carol at all. He shafted Reggie on his way out of SC to take the blame away from himself.

But regardless of my personal feelings, Carol is a Top 5 coach over the past 10 years. He knows that he can get away with a very poor and cheap blocking O-line with Wilson. So Wilson is worth another $15 million or so in cap space for the Hawks. Carol just needs inline OL blockers to support his run game.

But if Wilson came free, with the young talent we have on this team, the SB would be a possibility every year. I believe this is a Saints dream but not reality.

You mean his wife does.
Sorry I can't stand that distractions. Those players with famous wives allow their wives to make every decision into a media spectacle. Most time it just affects their career and the team's involve negatively. I like Wilson to play for us but with his wife in the picture, I think I would pass on that one.

If we want to keep the star players we have now, we're gonna need a rookie qb salary to make the numbers work. Can't pay everyone top dollar..
This right here. Also, I’m pretty sure Bridgewater stayed on to be the next starter and I doubt he will command top 5 qb money. I’d expect TB to get a 3-4 yr 40 mill contract at the most due to outstanding questions regarding his ability to hold up for a whole season and due to him not starting in a while

D4OKxgWWAAITVpe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom