Wilson The Next Pat To Go? (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
With cornerbacks Asante Samuel and Randall Gay already gone from the Patriots, another defensive back could soon be following the trail out of town.

Specifically, free-agent safety Eugene Wilson is lining up visits.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Wilson will pay a visit to the Tampa toga party on Sunday. He'll thereafter visit with the Steelers and the Titans.

Wilson has spent five seasons with the Pats. After appearing in every game but one during his first three years, Wilson played in only four games in 2006, starting all four of them, and eleven in 2007, starting six.
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

he would be a good replace for bullocks..

If you read the news page and ask mike you will know that the team doesn't share the forums sentiment towards Bullocks. They don't intend to replace him. The do (and feel they have) intend to replace the scheme instead.

If you read the news page and ask mike you will know that the team doesn't share the forums sentiment towards Bullocks. They don't intend to replace him. The do (and feel they have) intend to replace the scheme instead.

Replaced the scheme? Really, when? I sure hope so, but in what way have they done that?

Most Pats fans I've seen talk about Wilson have said his play has seriously dropped off from a couple years ago when he was considered to be pretty good.

The team seems comfortable with Bullocks and Harper. Perhaps they feel that by getting a more athletic, physical presence at MLB, they won't have to play them in the box as much to stop the run. They may be able to play them deeper in coverage so they won't get beat so often.

The team seems comfortable with Bullocks and Harper. Perhaps they feel that by getting a more athletic, physical presence at MLB, they won't have to play them in the box as much to stop the run. They may be able to play them deeper in coverage so they won't get beat so often.

And I agree, which is why we need to land Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis.

Replaced the scheme? Really, when? I sure hope so, but in what way have they done that?

When they did the post season evaluations and then got rid of the secondary coach.

Guys if you watch the Saints play defense the problem is fairly obvious. The team used the LBers to concentrate on the run, gave thier coverage responsibilities to the safeties and hoped for a pass rush.

People didn't go deep on us because Bullocks couldn't figure out where to be. they used thier backs and te's to manipulate the safeties resposibilities and go deep on the unassisted corners. When teams consistantly find ways to hit you the same way......and the coaches still have faith in those players you bet your rear end opponents were attacking your scheme.

And I agree, which is why we need to land Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis.

Dt is a must........JMHO. Even being healthy at DT would be an improvement.......but if you are going to be small and quick at MLB with Vilma, you have to keep that guy clean. Otherwise Vilma will be a non factor and the secondary will get roasted.

Dt is a must........JMHO. Even being healthy at DT would be an improvement.......but if you are going to be small and quick at MLB with Vilma, you have to keep that guy clean. Otherwise Vilma will be a non factor and the secondary will get roasted.

IMHO we need a passrusher. With Thomas, Clancy and, Young we are solid. Not great but good enough. We need to be able to get to the QB. I would luv to get Dorsey but MHO is that he and Ellis will not be there when we draft, nor will we go up as high as say #4 or #5 to nab one.

Keith Rivers is that athletic LB that can be used as that playmaking force from the OLB position.

IMHO we need a passrusher. With Thomas, Clancy and, Young we are solid. Not great but good enough. We need to be able to get to the QB. I would luv to get Dorsey but MHO is that he and Ellis will not be there when we draft, nor will we go up as high as say #4 or #5 to nab one.

Keith Rivers is that athletic LB that can be used as that playmaking force from the OLB position.

Agree on Rivers. Very much so. I like that pick a lot. Especially considering that the liklihood of one of the top DT's being there is a serious long shot. Who knows, maybe a Balmer in the second round could help the team.....but that seems to be a lot to hope for.

We signed Kaes last year to "replace" Bullocks and it never happened.

No one listened to the pressers last year either. Kaes was brought in to compete and "to add depth" Kaes was brought in to play the Stoutmire position. Not the Bullocks spot. Loomis told us.......some of us couldn't hear it. Same thing is happening right now with Gay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom