Wilson to the Saints makes too much sense, So it will never happen (1 Viewer)

Do you think they would they can Pete?
If you're asking if I think that Pete should be fired, the answer is no.

In 12 seasons with Seattle, Pete is 119-73-1 and this is the first year that Pete has a losing record with Russ at the offensive helm. Imo, you don't fire a HC with that record. You give him another year to turn that program back to its winning ways.

No worries, I've never been on the Russ train...I don't think he's that good, he rode on the coattails of the Leigon of Boom and Beast Mode...his numbers are average and if he were married to Sarah he'd be out of a lot of conversations.

People are so enamored with the name Russel Wilson, that they never really stepped back and actually watched him. Because if they did they'd find themselves scratching their heads wondering why is he struggling when he has DK and Lockett...and why did a prime Jimmy Graham struggle so much in SEA?

Would you be surprised if I told you Russ has thrown over 2,000 more passes than Jameis and has fewer interceptions?

In 12 seasons with Seattle, Pete is 119-73-1 and this is the first year that Pete has a losing record with Russ at the offensive helm. Imo, you don't fire a HC with that record. You give him another year to turn that program back to its winning ways.
What's crazy is I think he would have had a winning record in 2011 if TJack (RIP :cry:) didn't tear his pec muscle and have a tear in his right bicep. When he died, someone said that he was one of the most respected Seahawks to put on a jersey in recent times because he went through that 2011 season with all of that going on and didn't complain.

Would you be surprised if I told you Russ has thrown over 2,000 more passes than Jameis and has fewer interceptions?
Nope...doesn't bother me at all, it didn't happen in our system and it wasn't happening in our system.

So you're saying you'd rather part ways w/ 2 first rounders and 2 thirds and a possible player to find out how much better than JW will he be here w/ less talent to support him than what he has in Seattle where he looks excessively average?

JW was on pace to have that same type of season Russ has here 14 TDs to 3 INTs w/ a UDFA as his #1 WR running an artificially managed gameplan and you guys are ready to run him out of town in favor of an actual low yardage high td to int ratio guy...who had DK and Lockett to throw to....there isn't going to be this great improvement in QB play that you guys are expecting.

Last edited:
Nope...doesn't bother me at all, it didn't happen in our system and it wasn't happening in our system.

Agreed, that is kind of a nonsensical argument. We aren't all in on signing the JW of the past, we are signing what we believe JW will become....

Just like why I'm not interested in signing RW really, at any cost. It's not what he has done in the past, it's what you think he will do in the future....I think he is regressing....

I don't think he should be fired either, but I was asking if you think they would fire Pete to keep Russ if it came to that since you mentioned they would do anything necessary to keep Russ.

From an outsider's view, and I may be mistaken on this, it seems like there's a rift between Pete and Russ, particularly when it comes to getting o-line help to keep Russ off the turf.

I guess another way to word my question (and again, just asking your opinion), is if it came down to keeping one of the two, which one would they keep?

Sign Jameis, re-balance the cap some, even with Loomis' style, and use our assets for new, fast receivers. Maybe get Michael Thomas back too.

Russell Wilson just hasn't been DangerRuss in too many years. Let Russ Cook didn't get too far either. I don't think Seattle has given Russ enough weapons over the years but why should the Saints bail them out with our multi-year top picks, in exchange for a cap-busting QB who is 5 years older than Winston, and in my opinion not much of an upgrade over Winston?

At this point in their respective careers, do you go with the younger guy with a great arm who will be cheaper and let you keep multiple high picks and a possible player (and who, despite what people on this forum want to believe, was playing at a high level within Payton's system and methods), or for the expensive (both in money and draft capital), savvy, championship quarterback who could potentially be on the decline?

Sign Jameis, re-balance the cap some, even with Loomis' style, and use our assets for new, fast receivers. Maybe get Michael Thomas back too.

Russell Wilson just hasn't been DangerRuss in too many years. Let Russ Cook didn't get too far either. I don't think Seattle has given Russ enough weapons over the years but why should the Saints bail them out with our multi-year top picks, in exchange for a cap-busting QB who is 5 years older than Winston, and in my opinion not much of an upgrade over Winston?
Makes too much sense so it'll never happen right?

I don't think he should be fired either, but I was asking if you think they would fire Pete to keep Russ if it came to that since you mentioned they would do anything necessary to keep Russ.

From an outsider's view, and I may be mistaken on this, it seems like there's a rift between Pete and Russ, particularly when it comes to getting o-line help to keep Russ off the turf.

I guess another way to word my question (and again, just asking your opinion), is if it came down to keeping one of the two, which one would they keep?
Yes, if the ultimatum were if I could keep just one, I would keep Russ at the expense of Pete. HCs are easier to replace than are franchise QBs, especially those in Tier 1 or borderline Tier 1, which is where I would place Russ.

As far as Jody Allen is concerned, I have no idea where her loyalty lies. I believe that Paul's would be to Pete if he were still alive. Jody's more private than Paul ever was so who knows.

Re Russ and his Oline, he bears a fair amount of the responsibility for all the sacks that he takes. Simply stated, he holds onto the ball far too long on too many pass plays. His spin-out moves were highly effective when he was on his rookie contract. Not so anymore. They're fooling nobody these days.

Pete's run-first philosophy is still valid. That's been proven in the Last couple of games with Penny's success. If Russ can embrace that and Pete and John Schneider can bolster the Oline (again), the band will stay together for at least one more year. That's what I hope will happen.

Yes, if the ultimatum were if I could keep just one, I would keep Russ at the expense of Pete. HCs are easier to replace than are franchise QBs, especially those in Tier 1 or borderline Tier 1, which is where I would place Russ.

As far as Jody Allen is concerned, I have no idea where her loyalty lies. I believe that Paul's would be to Pete if he were still alive. Jody's more private than Paul ever was so who knows.

Re Russ and his Oline, he bears a fair amount of the responsibility for all the sacks that he takes. Simply stated, he holds onto the ball far too long on too many pass plays. His spin-out moves were highly effective when he was on his rookie contract. Not so anymore. They're fooling nobody these days.

Pete's run-first philosophy is still valid. That's been proven in the Last couple of games with Penny's success. If Russ can embrace that and Pete and John Schneider can bolster the Oline (again), the band will stay together for at least one more year. That's what I hope will happen.
Thank you - that's exactly the kind of perspective I was looking for.

I'd be a little torn on which one to keep if I was a Seahawks fan. On one hand, Russ is the face of the franchise, and as you mentioned, franchise QBs are pretty scarce. On the other hand, I'm also a believer that no one player is bigger than the team.

I appreciate the points you made - it gives me more to think about.

He's just always want to almost demand a trade to get what he wants... Which is probably Seattle drafting some oline.
I think you’re right. The issue that Wilson has is that the league year start’s in March. Which means teams like the Saints will want clarity on their QB situation so Winston is the obvious choice. Wilson will drag this out through April or May (draft). So if he is traded it would like be during the draft at which point I believe the Saints will have already re-signed Winston

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom