Wind power the safe and clean energy (1 Viewer)

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
:covri:

Attachments

• Wind 8.JPG
    Wind 8.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Wind 7.JPG
    Wind 7.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Wind 6.JPG
    Wind 6.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 5
  • Wind 5.JPG
    Wind 5.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Wind 3.JPG
    Wind 3.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 8
Look at all the wildlife it is destroying for generations and the pollution!!!!

(I used to work for Vestas)

Last edited:
Wind power! Great for those people who only need lights and refrigerators when the wind blows.

I get 100% of my electricity from wind power.

Clean Currents Wind Power allows residents of Maryland, Washington DC, Delaware, and Pennsylvania to go carbon-neutral. Clean Currents bundles standard electricity from the Mid-Atlantic grid with Renewable Energy in the form of national renewable energy credits produced by domestic wind farms. This bundled product is supplied through the grid by Washington Gas Energy Services. There is NO installation of equipment required and NO change to the reliability of power to your home.

http://www.cleancurrents.com/index.php/Clean-Currents-Wind-Power-for-Home-Overview

It might kill a stray mallard or field mouse, but that is a price I will have to live with.

As bad as those look, I'd prefer 1,000 of those to one Deepwater Horizon.

Hmmm lets see a wind farm requires 17 acres of land to produce 1 megawatt of electricity. The annual comsumption in MW for the US ALONE is 17,109,665,000. That would mean that we would only need about 290,864,305,000 acres of wind farms or 45,447,476 square miles of windmills. Thats enough to fill the State of Louisiana 876 times or the Gulf of Mexico about 700 times. Lets hope the technology gets better before everyone is walking around with one of these on...
:hihi:

Attachments

• prophead.jpeg
    prophead.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 230
Damn, just when I thought it was safe to put one of those on the back of my car.......

"there's no shortage of renewable energy from the sun, wind and water and even stuff usually thought of as garbage -- dead trees, tree branches, yard clippings, left-over crops, sawdust, even livestock manure, can produce electricity and fuels -- resources collectively called "biomass." The sunlight falling on the United States in one day contains more than twice the energy we consume in an entire year. California has enough wind gusts to produce 11 percent of the world's wind electricity. Clean energy sources can be harnessed to produce electricity, process heat, fuel and valuable chemicals with less impact on the environment"

http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/story/chapter17.html

Of course there are roadblocks to all of these but that is why we start, To see if they are possible. Your cell phone has more computing power than the first rocket shot into space. I'm pretty sure it can be done.

Hmmm lets see a wind farm requires 17 acres of land to produce 1 megawatt of electricity. The annual comsumption in MW for the US ALONE is 17,109,665,000. That would mean that we would only need about 290,864,305,000 acres of wind farms or 45,447,476 square miles of windmills. Thats enough to fill the State of Louisiana 876 times or the Gulf of Mexico about 700 times. Lets hope the technology gets better before everyone is walking around with one of these on...

Wow, agenda anyone? Wind power isn't the end all solution, but is a part of a suite of alternative tech that has the potential to lessen our dependance on fossil fuels for power - and yeah it is sustainable. Anyone who thinks it isn't should be wearing that dunce cap you had below. :idunno:

I'll never understand people who are against expanding alternative energy. I'm personally for technicological advancement in energy production - and a big part of that is finding alternative sources of energy.

I didn't say "I want to whole US to be powered by these" I said I would rather have 1,000 burning/collapsed wind turbines than one Deepwater Horizon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom