Windows 8 price to more than quadruple after January 31st (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://m.techradar.com/news/software/windows-8-upgrade-pricing-to-jump-come-february-1126085

C0kfyEb.jpg

Excellent news. The Vista-7 cycle continues to repeat. Let the early development of 9 commence!

All I can think is that someone in upper management needs to move x amount of copies to show it was successful. So by quintupling the price anyone who is sitting on the fence would then jump and make a purchase that they may not have made, or would put off. However, most people I know don't really feel like learning a system that is that different when 7 works well, and many companies have just upgraded to 7 after the downturn so they don't really have any desire to either.

i think the simplicity of iOS and its Android counterpart operating systems are making Windows not only undesirable, but really unnecessary boarding on obsolete. Heck, i'd very new Macs and IMO Mountain Lion is simple and straight forward to use without all the hassle that comes with windows.

Been thinking about building a new PC and might very well go ahead and grab an OEM copy of 7.

I've been trying to adopt 8 for nearly a month now. I just can't get used to it. It actually outright annoys me the tablet features. I don't want to have to swipe things to get rid of them.

I like it on my computer with dual screens, hated it on my laptop and went back to 7.

In related news Eeyore is now four times less likely to switch to Windows 8.

Kind of like my thoughts except you know how the force of wind quadruples each time the wind speed doubles. Same theory and the chances of me touching windows 8 was already near nill.

installed windows server 2012, was different to get around but everything seemed to work the same, gpos, dhsp, dns etc

Bingo. Serves them right too. They had all the information they needed to fix 8, they were just too stubborn and arrogant to do it. Man is that comic ever correct.

How hard is it to have an install option that says "Touchscreen...yes/no" You get Metro with a touchscreen, Win7-ish without.

How hard is it to have an install option that says "Touchscreen...yes/no" You get Metro with a touchscreen, Win7-ish without.

Not that that's the only issue, but apparently it's very, very hard. So hard, in fact, that they'd rather have another wasted generation of their product than do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom