Windows in the Dome (1 Viewer)

johnnyd

Ikea boy.
Reaction score
New Orleans CityBusiness -- The Business Newspaper of Metropolitan New Orleans

Sunshine will make its debut this summer in the cavernous interior of the Louisiana Superdome when four windows are added to the famously monolithic exterior of the silver-skinned New Orleans stadium.

The windows — part of the third phase of a $210-million state renovation project begun in 2006 — will be the first openings cut into the dome’s aluminum exterior skin since it opened in 1975. The 18-by-24-foot sheets of reinforced glass will replace metal cladding on the exterior of the club level of the stadium.

Yay!

Hopefully it doesnt put just 4 super bright boxes on the field.

Maybe letting a little sunlight in is what God wanted all along for the Saints to win some Superbowls...

Ya never know.... :sun_smiley:

Joe

I am anxious to see this. I also worry that it will make the unlit parts look dingy and dark (think Tejas Stadium).

I doubt you will be able to see the field from the windows. It's my understanding that they will be at the four club lounges. Only those with access will see the improvements from the inside-out. They're also supposed to be adding outside access to the club level. I have seen both escalator and elevator mentioned, so I don't know which one is actually happening.

The lounges and suites look top notch after the remodel if you go by the pictures. I have not seen them in person.

In b4 "why are we spending on an outdated stadium, instead of using the money towards a new stadium"

I doubt you will be able to see the field from the windows. It's my understanding that they will be at the four club lounges. Only those with access will see the improvements from the inside-out. They're also supposed to be adding outside access to the club level. I have seen both escalator and elevator mentioned, so I don't know which one is actually happening.

The lounges and suites look top notch after the remodel if you go by the pictures. I have not seen them in person.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up.

I seen it... was my first time in club level and the lounge looks very very nice with extremely comfortable seating. The flat panels are very nice as well. Decent food though.. wasn't anything special. My bread on my poboy was breaking apart (old) and the shrimp was bland. I actually didn't realize it was remodeled LOL We had club level seats for the Monster Jam truck show

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom