Windows Password reset utility? (1 Viewer)

What password are you specifically trying to reset? Just a password to a desktop?

I've been using this utility for years. It's a little clunky in that it's linux based, but it will activate and zero the password for the built-in adminstrator account, and you can do anything from there.

its
What password are you specifically trying to reset? Just a password to a desktop?

I've been using this utility for years. It's a little clunky in that it's linux based, but it will activate and zero the password for the built-in adminstrator account, and you can do anything from there.

I'll try. Its for a windows 8.1 laptop im working on. I always used ophcrack but did not work.

Ophcrack can break only passwords that is short or simple.
You can use the sticky keys trick to reset a forgotten password, add a new account, turn on the Administrator account and do whatever from there.

Once recovering access to your account, I recommend you create a backup account.

Those bootable zip files links are broken ... no longer available. I tried downloading it too encase I need to reset my Windows pw.

Those bootable zip files links are broken ... no longer available. I tried downloading it too encase I need to reset my Windows pw.

You can google the file name (usb140201.zip is the usb version) and you will find links directly to the download, which appears to be still available.

FAIR WARNING - Malwarebytes labels and blocks that link as a containing a Trojan (I suspect because it edits the Windows security database offline). I bypassed the warning and downloaded and it appears to be legit (based on the files that are there that I've seen before). I highly recommend you verify the checksum and do your own scans on the files before running anything. I haven't done any due diligence, although it does appear to be what I've used in the past.

While there are other methods, for years I have used Trinity Rescue Kit v3.4 (Google it). Burn the ISO to disc OR copy it to a thumbdrive using a tool like Rufus (https://rufus.ie/), then boot from it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom