Winning with class! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I like how peyton sat on the ball once we recovered the fumble not to run the score. It showed class and great sportsmanship. I love what peyton is building down here with our team.

He should have gave it to Deuce. My fantasy team always needs another TD. But, yeah it was a classy move and I would never complain after a win. :)

Whether you like Payton's decision or not...

it sure was good to to see the Saints in a situation where they could just sit on the ball even when they couldn't even completely run out the clock.

At that point in the game we had absolutely no fear of losing.

It just felt good! :9:

I disagree. We need to start thinking about tie-breaker situations at the end of the season. Points scored are often considered in tie-breaks. I hope it doesn't come back to hurt us later. It's not personal, it's about taking care of business for post-season possibilities.

Points is well down the tiebreaker list. Shouldn't even be a consideration at this point IMHO. Payton showed exceptional class, and I think, at least partially, out of his respect and friendship with Gruden.

Last edited:
I like how peyton sat on the ball once we recovered the fumble not to run the score. It showed class and great sportsmanship. I love what peyton is building down here with our team.

I like how he had the OPTION to consider that, without jeopardizing our chance at the WIN.

I see a big difference between the killer instinct of going for the throat, when the outcome is still in question, versus going through the motions to take care of business when the outcome has already been determined.

As far as this tie-breaker dilemma previously brought up......quite simple actually. Show some of that killer instinct and win out.......tie-breakers are moot criteria at that point. Earn it on your own merits, not some convoluted watered-down formula that may or may not fall your way. If you need to rely on someone else's performance, then you didn't EARN it and you don't DESERVE it!

Just my 0.02

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom