Winston contract details (CHEAP!) (2 Viewers)

I liked Bob Ross and enjoyed his show. I actually learned how to paint trees watching Bob Ross. However, it sounds as if you want this move to fail. I want the Saints to win. I want them to win after Brees. Winston is a former Heisman winner, NFL rookie of the year and 1st overall pick.

If it turns out that Winston's interception problem was due to poor eyesight and the Saints end up with a Heisman winning former rookie of the year 1st overall pick as a quarterback instead of Taysom Hill, I'm all for that because I'm a Saints fan first. I don't hope for or want team moves to fail because the move involves a player I don't like. Your whole shtick comes across like you want desperately for this move by the team to fail because you don't like Winston and you love TH7. If the move doesn't work out, it cost the team nothing.
See, we agree after all. We're both Saints fans first and want what's best for the team. We just have different opinions of what that is, and it's ok. I've said several times already that I wish Winston success, but since that doesn't fit the narrative you've created in your head, you say I'm engaged in a desperate shtick.

Take a deep breath and relax. Winston may be the starting QB for the Saints next year or he may not. Either way, I suspect we'll both still be Saints fans.

Even if that's the case, it shows maturity of seeing big picture vs. being impulsive and going to the first place that offers him a starting job and/or more money. Playing the long game is a sign of emotional maturity.

Exactly, that is a pretty clear indication that he is serious about getting his career back, hopefully he learns and grows and possibly becomes a real possibility for us in the future....

2) When the time comes to replace Drew, I hope Taysom displays the level of talent needed to land the job and wins it, but not at the expense of a better player. In other words, I hope Taysom earns the job.

I hope the best QB earns the job period, I have no personal preference. I actually think Jamies if he progresses, does well in practices and learning the offense, is the likely choice....Unless Taysom outperforms him in those areas....anything is possible...

Exactly, that is a pretty clear indication that he is serious about getting his career back, hopefully he learns and grows and possibly becomes a real possibility for us in the future....

I hope the best QB earns the job period, I have no personal preference. I actually think Jamies if he progresses, does well in practices and learning the offense, is the likely choice....Unless Taysom outperforms him in those areas....anything is possible...
Well said.

See, we agree after all. We're both Saints fans first and want what's best for the team. We just have different opinions of what that is, and it's ok.
Yes, I can agree with this and it would have been cool to stop there but....
I've said several times already that I wish Winston success, but since that doesn't fit the narrative you've created in your head, you say I'm engaged in a desperate shtick.
You've also said you don't like the move, you don't like Winston and you want TH7 to be the QB after Brees. I like the move. I'm not a fan of Winston but I like the talent he has and I want the best possible QB under center after Brees retires. That's the difference between you and I. I want the best QB under center whereas you have already stated your desire for TH7 to be the QB; there is a difference.

Last edited:
Yes, I can agree with this and it would have been cool to stop there but....

You've also said you don't like the move, you don't like Winston and you want TH7 to be the QB after Brees. I like the move. I'm not a fan of Winston but I like the talent he has and I want the best possible QB under center after Brees retires. That's the difference between you and I. I want the best QB under center whereas you have already stated your desire for TH7 to be the QB; there is a difference.
But you left out the part where I said I want Taysom to win the job if he's good enough and earns it. If it makes you feel better to continuously misquote me, then by all means, keep up with your false narrative. I'm not sure what you're getting out of it, but I've obviously struck a nerve.

I don't like the signing simply because I don't like Winston at any price, but I'll certainly give the guy credit where credit is due. It's never too late to grow up and learn from your mistakes, and maybe this is his first step. I really do wish him success, but I want Taysom to be our QB after Drew retires.
You weren't misquoted. These are your words son. You created the "narrative" when you said them. If you've adjusted your thinking since then, great. But you began this line because you don't like Winston and you like TH7. The only nerve you hit is the one that gets aggravated with people who call themselves fans of the team but they are really fans of certain players.

You weren't misquoted. These are your words son. You created the "narrative" when you said them. If you've adjusted your thinking since then, great. But you began this line because you don't like Winston and you like TH7. The only nerve you hit is the one that gets aggravated with people who call themselves fans of the team but they are really fans of certain players.
You need help, buddy. Your emotional attachment to the Winston signing has really messed with your head, unless this is how you always react when someone doesn't agree with you. Good luck, and Go Saints!

You need help, buddy. Your emotional attachment to the Winston signing has really messed with your head, unless this is how you always react when someone doesn't agree with you. Good luck, and Go Saints!
Nobody has an "emotional attachment" to Winston. He is the better QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom