Winston is the key to a Super Bowl run this year (1 Viewer)

Like the people who think we are going to the Superbowl. Like the people who think we can cake walk through Atlanta, Carolina just because they seems to be in a rebuilding mode. Like the people who thinks we can do the same to Tampa. Even talking heads on TV acting like we are the team to beat after we acquire Matthieu and Landry. Sorry I don't share the excitement like some people. But I do hold my excitement down until I see how Winston play first. Be real here...we still don't know what Winston have. He only played half of year with limited talents. Got to wait and see how he come back from injury.
I understand the restraint you have and see what you see regarding potential obstacles to success, but now (May) is the time for optimism. People see all these moves and know that the front office believes this team can make a real run and that is exciting. (especially compared to the alternative.)

I believe Winston is going to show out, but if he doesn’t, I don’t think the Saints will accept replacement level play at the QB position. They will try to upgrade, as fans we should expect as much.

Actually it’s not, I said if he picks up where he left off last year. We were competing last year with all the back up QBs and without the Covid game In Miami we would have made it to the playoffs but would have been home after round 1. With Winston we are a super bowl contender. Huge difference in QB from Winston to the others. My point was and like you said, he plays well and he gets a big contract. I’m all in on Winston this year.
Thanks. He has the table set. I think he will show out. If he struggles I trust Loomis and Allen will try to improve the QB room, but I am excited about the future.

Winston will be a key cog in the success of this team especially offensively but we cannot emphasis health enough when it comes to a teams success.

With the talent assembled and young players behind the starters having a relatively healthy season should ensure another 11-12 win season and post season run

The one thing about Payton was he wasn’t afraid to go off on a player. Even at Brees at times. Is DA or Pete going to have that in them if Winston starts getting careless? Can they correct him, calm him down, or pull him in if need be? That’s my question. Dude’s got the talent, now has the weapons, but also won’t have the strict, demanding Payton over his shoulder.

Actually, that’s going to apply to more than just Winston. I’m curious to see how DA handles things when the bullets start flying.

The one thing about Payton was he wasn’t afraid to go off on a player. Even at Brees at times. Is DA or Pete going to have that in them if Winston starts getting careless? Can they correct him, calm him down, or pull him in if need be? That’s my question. Dude’s got the talent, now has the weapons, but also won’t have the strict, demanding Payton over his shoulder.

Actually, that’s going to apply to more than just Winston. I’m curious to see how DA handles things when the bullets start flying.
How did he react in previous seasons when the bullets started flying? his defense held up pretty well. You have Marrone and CarMicheal on the offensive side handling the bullets on that side and DA has his guys on defense. Granted he will have to address the offense in critical situations but if he can get his offense to play with the passion his defense plays with I'd say he can and will leave a pretty good mark as head coach of the Saints.

I guess you don't remember Dennis Allen telling Brandon Browner the truth and him getting in his face over it during a Saints game, at home I believe. He'll tell everyone what he thinks and won't hold back.

Winston has been given every tool to succeed and we should find out this season if he is the guy we want to pay 30 or more million a year for the next few years. I am optimistic that he will take advantage of this ‘last’ opportunity to be a starting QB in the NFL. The key will be staying healthy and IMO how the offense runs absent Coach Payton!
well… 2/5ths of a very good oline needs to be considered as well
At the end of the day , the other 3/5ths will have as much to do with our success as anything

He had 14 TDs thrown to 3 INTs with a guy who might not crack the Top 4 on the WR depth chart this season, another who might go back to the practice squad, a situational deep weapon, and nothing that scares a single defensive coordinator at TE. If he continues on the same trajectory, I'm sure he'll be just fine.

He had 14 TDs thrown to 3 INTs with a guy who might not crack the Top 4 on the WR depth chart this season, another who might go back to the practice squad, a situational deep weapon, and nothing that scares a single defensive coordinator at TE. If he continues on the same trajectory, I'm sure he'll be just fine.
I"m not worried about Winston in the slightest. We just need our OL to protect him and we'll do some major damage this year.

How did he react in previous seasons when the bullets started flying? his defense held up pretty well. You have Marrone and CarMicheal on the offensive side handling the bullets on that side and DA has his guys on defense. Granted he will have to address the offense in critical situations but if he can get his offense to play with the passion his defense plays with I'd say he can and will leave a pretty good mark as head coach of the Saints.
We all know Payton was sort of known as a QB whisperer. He just got results out of almost anyone. Do we get the same results with DA and Pete, who obviously are good coaches, but maybe not on the same level when it comes to coaching the QB position? I feel like it’s a legit question, and I’m curious to see Winston this year with Pete in his ear vs Payton. At this point, surely Winston has learned enough during his years and experience that hopefully it’s not even a big deal. We’ll see.

Like the people who think we are going to the Superbowl. Like the people who think we can cake walk through Atlanta, Carolina just because they seems to be in a rebuilding mode. Like the people who thinks we can do the same to Tampa. Even talking heads on TV acting like we are the team to beat after we acquire Matthieu and Landry. Sorry I don't share the excitement like some people. But I do hold my excitement down until I see how Winston play first. Be real here...we still don't know what Winston have. He only played half of year with limited talents. Got to wait and see how he come back from injury.

Huh?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom