Winston Offensive Observation (1 Viewer)

I would take all of the first round QBs because we don't know what they're going to be yet. We've seen a lot of Jameis. There are reasons we were able to get him cheap.
We weren't ever able to get them. Loomis wasn't willing to unload 3 1st round picks to get Fields or Mac. So, why are we comparing them again?

Drew Brees wasn't on a team that was $100 million over the cap.

We had a huge cap purge. It is what it is.

We tried to draft Terrance Marshall, but luckily that did not work out, because we needed Werner out there.

The team 100% expected Michael Thomas to be healthy on day one. Which he wasn't.

how much would it take to sign josh gordon, you know he would be on this roster if brees was here, no way drew would be throwing to these guys

He threw 3 INT’s off of the pressure and you’re saying he handled it better? Not to mention he has better WR’s currently to work with.

God help our fans.......
Um yeah. I'm a Jameis fan, but, in the 2nd half Jones played pretty darn good. We got very lucky on two of the interceptions, otherwise he was moving the ball on our D. (who won us the game)

Jones looked more composed as the game went along while JW looked quite rattled.

Having watched all three games, Jameis has been very accurate on most of his throws with time. He gets in trouble when there is too much pressure or when the pocket collapses. He is always looking downfield (which is good) but we are used to Brees throwing 5 to 15 yards with additive YAC, Super high percentage, if I remember over 70%. I think Jameis needs better to recognize if a downfield completion is possible and check down versus holding till a receiver opens. ONE THING IS CRYSTAL clear and that is Sean Payton is in control and does not have "Bress like" confidence in Jameis and thus uses this "run" control the clock game to minimize JW's possible throwing errors.

Personally, I think the playbook has been condensed for now. Remember, this is their 1st year together and the trust will build. JW has an arm, Brees did not. I think JW will put up numbers, just not yet. FWIW.
Very fair critique.

I would add that it's hard to get a complete picture with so many important pieces missing. Like if guys aren't running in space, it's hard to put the ball anywhere they can get YAC.

But to your overall point, we'll find out more once we get guys back.

I can say the same about all you folks bagging him. All this “Same ole Jameis” stuff and it’s only week 3, and WITHOUT several starters on OL and WR. My stance is that we should all just take a step back and let the dang season play out. We can reassess at the mid-way point.
It's weird, because he's basically making a stand that this is a wasted season... And still taking a large amount of expendable time to invest in said wasted season.

I can say the same about all you folks bagging him. All this “Same ole Jameis” stuff and it’s only week 3, and WITHOUT several starters on OL and WR. My stance is that we should all just take a step back and let the dang season play out. We can reassess at the mid-way point.
Don’t you realize people are saying this Bc we faced him for 5 straight years on the bucs. We know who he is. 5 seasons!

Ya know for all intents and purposes Jameis is a rookie. I don't believe he learned a thing in Tampa except how to sling it around. He is just now learning how to be a QB in the NFL. He's got the arm and he's accurate, he just needs to learn how to utilize them properly. He developed some bad habits in Tampa and he needs to get rid of those. When he does, I say look out!

how much would it take to sign josh gordon, you know he would be on this roster if brees was here, no way drew would be throwing to these guys
Josh Gordon got reinstatement like 4 days ago. Work outs are on Mondays. Be patient. Signing Josh Gordon isn't going to change anything, anyway.. Taking street free agent don't work for us at WR in our complicated system unless you just want him running go routes for 2 weeks.

Ya know for all intents and purposes Jameis is a rookie. I don't believe he learned a thing in Tampa except how to sling it around. He is just now learning how to be a QB in the NFL. He's got the arm and he's accurate, he just needs to learn how to utilize them properly. He developed some bad habits in Tampa and he needs to get rid of those. When he does, I say look out!
I totally agree. Unless JW regresses, Sean is making our offense look bad with all the runs. Quite predictable. Not what happened when BREESUS was here. Time will tell and I am rooting for Jameis.

Winston is doing good. This offense resembles a 1980’s offense. Long drives, run heavy, and play Defense. He is holding onto the ball too long. He doesn’t have a legitimate number 1. I think his decisions are good. I don’t mind the 50/50 ball in the end zone. You cannot compare this team to a Drew Brees Saints team. I have not seen the 4-6 screen passes that were thrown with Drew. Third and long Sean has called draw plays. I don’t understand using Hill as a Full Back when you have Armagh. 4th and 1. Nice adjustment for Winston to call the slant. Right now, we have not needed him to be Superman. I hope we do not need him to be Superman. Rosas needs to make those damn field goals. Ramcheck got paid. He cannot let Matthew Judo. Use him. There are a lot of discrepancies to talk about besides every lowly pass by Winston

Watching Winston's post-game pressers, I can't help but root for the guy. Seems to be a great teammate with a fantastic attitude, not the "Eat a W" guy. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Not sure how anything in this post would merit a "clown" emoji. Why wouldn't a "fan" give their QB the benefit of the doubt?

why bother with the games or this stinkin board?
A question I have been asking myself, separately or in the compound sense, reguarly since 1967. :hihi:

To be clear, I agree with you 100%.

Don’t you realize people are saying this Bc we faced him for 5 straight years on the bucs. We know who he is. 5 seasons!
i am quite aware of who he WAS. I’ve been watching the guy play since college. I’ve been very critical of him for a very long time. But, for 2/3 games, his stats don’t reflect the Jameis that played in Tampa. You are using that 1 game to say it’s “same ole same ole”, I’m suggesting that the other 2 games still count and that we should wait until we have a larger sample size. i’m not even making any predictions, here. But some of you seem to want to throw in the towel with Jameis way too soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom