Winston Offensive Observation (2 Viewers)

That’s not “style”. very very few QBs make smart decisions under pressure on a consistent basis. And even the best of the best made poor decisions under pressure from time to time. A 7:2 TD:Int ratio is not bad.

we Spent much of the off-season discusing how we, as Saints fans, need to adjust our expectations. We do not have Drew Brees anymore. Some of you seem to have forgotten to do that.
You took the word style in the wrong way. Every player has their own style of playing. So there’s no denying that or switching up the words.

Your talking about style of offense. Don’t say that’s not a style. Should broaden your perspective and not be so narrowed.

Last edited:
And you do realize it wasn't his offensive scheme that did it right? You do also realize Todd Bowles defense is what got them through the playoffs and won them that superbowl right? "No risk it, no biscuit" went out the window after their last bye week.
LOL ya the HEAD COACH had NOTHING to do with winning the Super Bowl. How dumb 😂

After a year in Carolina, which was after TWO years with Coach Payton. That’s the real point.

Which had nothing to do with my point. He just got to Denver and is learning a new offense now. That's the point. Because this thread said Jameis is a rookie. He's been here a year and a half. Teddy has been in Denver a few months.

There's about 99.9% of QBs who have ever played the game that don't command their offenses as good as Brees has. Even last year. His body may have weakened, but Brees' mind was his greatest weapon. Winston has a darn good mind for the game to...

But that's like me saying I play piano pretty well. But then wanna throw up some Art freaking Tatum or Oscar Peterson to compare me to. Of course...that gap is miles wider than the one between Winston and Brees.
I'll settle for a little Herbie or McCoy from Jameis if that's the standard.

Oh so you are smarter than coaches at FSU, Tampa and New Orleans. All of them were and are just letting Jameis get by. My bad. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Oh and I'm sure Jameis can't read coverages. I guess he couldn't when he threw his way to a national title. I guess he couldn't read coverages when he threw for 33 TDs and 5,000 yards.

You don't work for the Saints and have no idea of what he is being told to do in a game where winning the turnover battle was even preached to the media by our often tight lipped coach. Yet in your brain Jameis was going to throw it all over the yard. Ok bro. Ok.

Can he get better? Absolutely. But you and the idiotic media refuse to give him credit for trying to do what he was said to be unable to do. Play mistake free football and take what the defense gives you. No way will he reverse years of playing the way he did in 3 games. He's a work in progress. Just like Brees was in 06.
he can’t read coverages when he throws for 30 interceptions. When he can’t see that certain routes won’t get open and holds the ball too long instead of going through progressions.

These same receivers were getting open last year without Brees and without Thomas in the game. so what’s the deal now?

so if michael thomas was injured like he was this year, do you believe csp would address the pass catcher situation or just roll out with this current roster, keep in mind drew loves his stats.
Dude… I have never seen a conspiracy theorist on your level… I’m pulling for Winston and I think you’re ridiculous.

You’re literally making the argument that Payton, who signed and resigned JW and picked him to be his starter is somehow handicapping him by intentionally not getting weapons for him…. BUT would have for someone else.

I can’t speak for everyone but you lose credibility with just about every post you make.

Last edited:
Which had nothing to do with my point. He just got to Denver and is learning a new offense now. That's the point. Because this thread said Jameis is a rookie. He's been here a year and a half. Teddy has been in Denver a few months.
And what you are simply bypassing is Teddy had two years with two of the best, Jameis has not. Teddy was able to build off that foundation he built here and elevate his game. Jameis is still building his foundation.

he can’t read coverages when he throws for 30 interceptions. When he can’t see that certain routes won’t get open and holds the ball too long instead of going through progressions.

These same receivers were getting open last year without Brees and without Thomas in the game. so what’s the deal now?

winston is the youngest qb in nfl history to throw for 5100 yards in a season, and has 2 seperate 4000 yard seasons as well. The 30 interceptions was an ananomly and wasnt even a bucs single season record. Steve Young said it best, you dont throw for that many yards at that young of an age if you dont understand quarterback in the nfl

favre had a season with 29 picks, peyton had 28 in a season, i believe rivers and eli had some mid-20 pick seasons too. Yet they always had job security. Poor geno smith was terrorized by the giants fanbase and recieved death threats when he took over for eli. It is what it is not all qbs are judged the same.

What same receivers? MT and TQS are out and Sanders is gone. The gameplan is simple at this point don't let AK beat you and keep solid coverage on Calloway.

You took the word style in the wrong way. Every player has their own style of playing. So there’s no denying that or switching up the words.

Your talking about style of offense. Don’t say that’s not a style. Should broaden your perspective and not be so narrowed.
My perspective is just fine. I already told you I’m going to hold off on giving up on Jameis. Because, you know, I’m not narrow-minded. I definitely think you should take some if your own advice, though.

so u should just call it a season and cut the grass on sundays. why bother with the games or this stinkin board? that is silly for u to even log in. we are a sinking ship. abort. now. u still here, bro? like a train wreck, huh? s m h
Where am I saying he is a bad player, all I'm saying is he is the same player, people on here or coddling his performances but creating threads about players they keep seeing the same thing from.

You'll never read me saying Winston is a bad player, but I wont blindly praise him like I'm not still seeing the player he is....he is who he is, just in our system, if your taking it the wrong way it's because you know it's true but you want to keep sprinkling suger on 💩

Jameis said he threw it so Callaway get it or nobody
Actually Winston said he meant to throw it away and got hit which is why the ball came up short. He said God gave him that touchdown. Payton was P'Oed because when he asked Winston what he was doing he said throwing it away and Payton yelled then throw it away!

Actually Winston said he meant to throw it away and got hit which is why the ball came up short. He said God gave him that touchdown. Payton was P'Oed because when he asked Winston what he was doing he said throwing it away and Payton yelled then throw it away!

csp doesnt like seeing winston throw for td's.. he pulled jameis out to end the game intentionally, when winston was moving the ball and would have had more than likely his 3rd td pass.

I dont think csp was angry at the throw on the 2nd td pass, he was mad because winston had another td pass. he would rather rosas go 0-3 on kicks than letting winston throw for a td. Gotta make winston look average to give taysom a chance to get a td and possibly a shot to start

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom