Winston out, Red Rifle in (1 Viewer)

All right, all you people who have been screaming to pull Winston finally get your wish. I hope it works out.

Just to temper your expectations though, here's who we're starting tomorrow:
2016: 6-9-1
2017: 7-9
2018: 5-6
2019: 2-11
2020: 4-5
2021: 3-3
Just to hold onto reality, Archie wasn’t a lot better. Are you saying the same about Archie.

Dalton can read a defense and see a blitz coming.
I was thinking along these lines. As a result he may not see as many blitzes as Jameis did. This QB change will change the defensive attack. They’ve been coming at us which has been tough on the pass pro which has translated to needing to get rid of the ball (or be sacked) before the receivers get separation. Also when a QB is on the move it usually shuts down part of the field as unless he’s extremely athletic, you can’t make that pass across your body. Defenses have been challenging Jameis to make they pay (pay for blitzing) and he hasn’t been battling to escape and/or step up, all season. To be fair there has been a lot of failure around him as well. Maybe AD brings a new offensive approach which will result in quick releases and check downs to keep the D honest.

Last edited:
So… like…

…what if the offense actually looks worse with Red Rocket in there? 😳

Is it just over? Start looking forward to next year’s draft, and hoping the Saints get more for CSP than they did for CJG? 🤷‍♂️
I don’t think it matters either way. This team doesn’t have a starting caliber QB. If anything, maybe AD can get the ball out sooner and take advantage of what the D gives us. I don’t know how we pull it off, but I hope we can somehow land a starter level player, or a young prospect who might grow in to a starter, at the position next year.

The one thing we need need to do is quit committing turnovers. Both Ingram and Kamara have made huge mistakes with ball control so far. QB included but our runningbacks have been a disappointment in that area.
The one thing we need to do is realize that it's not just one thing or one person that's causing offensive failure. The blame falls on the linemen failing to block in pass protection, receivers failing to get separation sooner, coaching staff for failing to make changes, RB's for playing sloppy and causing turnovers, and the QB for not being more patient by taking the short/quick throws.

All of that stuff needs to be addressed.

All right, all you people who have been screaming to pull Winston finally get your wish. I hope it works out.

Just to temper your expectations though, here's who we're starting tomorrow:
2016: 6-9-1
2017: 7-9
2018: 5-6
2019: 2-11
2020: 4-5
2021: 3-3
Amazing how people do stuff like this. What about Winston’s record ? It’s just as bad….

Amazing how people do stuff like this. What about Winston’s record ? It’s just as bad….
I'm not saying Winston's is any better! I'm just saying don't expect a huge jump in play.

My biggest concern is that, as it looks right now, we don't have a QB for next year. And we also don't have a first round pick to spend on one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom