Winston, Payton comments on loss (Title Edit for clarity) (1 Viewer)

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I have to take responsibility for communicating with the offensive line,” Winston said. “Got to get us in better protections. Just communicate better out there.”

There is still some development with Winston in terms of commanding this offense

Last edited:
This whole season Jameis has said the perfect thing. In the preseason it was "I have to do better and I will do better", today it's "I need to communicate protection to the line better."

Humility, followed by a solution voiced with confidence.

Let's hope Payton can coach up his football as well as his Public Relations Coach has his persona.

He didn't throw anyone under the bus, and owned it. This is what a leader does. Even when the Oline played poorly.

not shocking, i feel like their is a huge disconnect with how the average fan and media member sees jameis winston and how players and coaches see winston

even when he was not resigned by the bucs, the tampa bay front office was split if they should let him go. Obviously brady made that decision easier for them( and it has worked out for them). But winston's coaches in tampa have always praised his work ethic, one of the hardest working qbs in the league. It just hasnt panned out for him yet

here is clyde christenson speaking on jameis during the 2019 offseason

not shocking, i feel like their is a huge disconnect with how the average fan and media member sees jameis winston and how players and coaches see winston

even when he was not resigned by the bucs, the tampa bay front office was split if they should let him go. Obviously brady made that decision easier for them( and it has worked out for them). But winston's coaches in tampa have always praised his work ethic, one of the hardest working qbs in the league. It just hasnt panned out for him yet

I wanna know what happened with line protection calls....

Maybe lack of quality prep time due to coaches being out.

I wanna know what happened with line protection calls....

Maybe lack of quality prep time due to coaches being out.
I’d like to think so, but Jameis has been in the building for over 16 months now and has 4 plus years playing in Bucs system.
NFL will exploit (watch Belichick Sunday) if QB isn’t in tune with protection assignments.

It is almost like having your starting center out and a quarterback and a center with his first road start in this offense could be correlated to having offense line protection problems? But what do I know.

I feel like this is part of the reason Jameis has such a polarizing reputation at times.

His off the field issues, combined with his bizarre on-the-field antics ("eating Ws") presents the image of a guy who doesn't take things seriously or has some serious maturity problems, but everything from his coaches and fellow players indicate he's a gym rat who lives and breathes football. He clearly has talent, but his poor decision making historically has constantly held him back. He feels like a walking contradiction and since we've only seen this "new" Winston for a few months it's hard to process against 5 years of erratic performance.

I always have had a soft spot for players who turn around an otherwise disappointing career and revive themselves under a new franchise, and I hope Winston is one of them.

This whole season Jameis has said the perfect thing. In the preseason it was "I have to do better and I will do better", today it's "I need to communicate protection to the line better."

Humility, followed by a solution voiced with confidence.

Let's hope Payton can coach up his football as well as his Public Relations Coach has his persona.
Talk is cheap.

It's what you DO that matters.

(I said the same about SP for many years as regards the Running Game and the Defense.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom