Winston rumor (1 Viewer)

tthier2

O.G. Bobby Johnson
Reaction score
Don’t shoot the messenger but I heard from a very reliable source as in a Winston family member that Payton plans to sign him as the backup to Brees this season. Personally I’m all for it and I think he could be deadly in this offense under Payton. Thoughts?

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t see it happening because Payton said Taysom is the #2 and I don’t think Winston would sign to be the 3rd. That said if Payton wants him I’m good with giving him a chance.

t-rex23

I Owe Drew
Reaction score
Let's assume that what you say is true.

Why would anyone have a problem with this?

We would most likely be getting him at a price and contract that provides absolutely no risk to the team. He is obviously talented and it's not like we would be plugging him in. He would exclusively be a backup.

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
As our emergency qb? Sure.

Agreed. I think he has a lot of athleticism that can’t be taught, he’s just very raw. Sean is a mastermind with QB’s imo and could possibly rejuvenate his career.
I’d like the move. From a football standpoint.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don’t shoot the messenger but I heard from a very reliable source as in a Winston family member that Payton plans to sign him as the backup to Brees this season. Personally I’m all for it and I think he could be deadly in this offense under Payton. Thoughts?
Is this a April Fool thing? I’m not against Winston, just wanna know if I should watch this thread or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom