Winston rumor (1 Viewer)

He’s immature. We don’t go from the smartest QB in the league to one of the dumbest.

This implies some type of transition or heir apparent situation, which is not what’s happening here, if it’s even happening.

If it does, it’s strictly a backup situation so Taysom can continue to Taysom. And it isn’t like he isn’t experienced and can’t move the ball if he had to step in.

Just my opinion, but if he’s serious about altering his career path by learning how to put everything together and take care of the ball, by learning behind one of the best ever and a coach that despises turnovers, this is pretty much the best situation he can put himself in.

Didnt swimmer get banned for a "coach pete" post like this?
About a month or so ago? That was another poster, regarding Taysom Hill (can’t remember what the inside source was about, exactly) but it was also said that there was more to it behind the scenes.

Waste of money. Doubt he would sign what we offered anyway.

I hear your opinion and after watching Winston for 4 years, there's a large part of me that agrees. But if Sean Payton thinks he can coach-up and uber physically talented young QB, I could be cheering for Jamies real soon. Payton is such an offensive genius that he can script the entire offense to reduce Winston's weaknesses and enhance his strengths. The kid can really throw a football and when hot, with astonishing precision and velocity.

And btw: I didn't get banned - lol

Who's the source?
Duncan
Holder
Kat

Who is it?

I hope we sign him. He’s still young and we wouldn’t have to waste a draft pick on someone likely not as good or ready to play in a year unless we take one early. Dude threw for over 5,000 yards and I can count on two hands who has done that in NFL history. I know he also threw 30 INTs. But he was in his first year of Bruce Arians offense and QBs he’s had usually throw a ton of picks their first year like Carson Palmer’s 22. They have a ton of option routes that happen at the break, so the QB has no idea where the receiver is going till after the break. I think like 10 of Jameis picks were not really all his fault. It’s a tough offense like ours, but we wouldn’t be asking him to start next year hopefully. He could learn the offense and if coach/the team likes him like Teddy maybe we sign him to a longer deal next offseason.

I call bull****.

If your source is a family member then name them. This isn’t like other “inside sources” alleged to be employees of the organization that can be fired for leaking information, this is out of Winston’s camp.

So let’s hear who it is... ?

EDIT: I’ll eat **** on it. :hihi:

tenor.gif

I would've been far less skeptical had it not been posted on April Fool's of all days.

Last edited:
I’ve said all along that if CSP thinks he’s good enough to be a back up, then I’m fine with it.

he’s always been a solid QB. His problems were 2-fold: 1) the guy needs social guidance. He makes poor decisions. 2) Coming out of college, he needed to be a backup for atleast 2 seasons to refine his skills and learn how to read defenses better/quicker. But he has the arm talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom