Winston rumor (1 Viewer)

I'd rather the Pats pick him up. Take'em to the WC & throw 5 INT; while Brady in TB doesn't make the cut(even w/the booby prize extra).

Accused of rape. Stole crab legs. Stood on top of a table in a crowded FSU student union and yelled profanities about a woman. Accused of groping a female Uber driver.

I'm going with "bad person."

Just want to be clear. Often it's made to sound like he'd have a bunch of our players joining him somehow or that he'd corrupt our team someway.

Just want to be clear. Often it's made to sound like he'd have a bunch of our players joining him somehow or that he'd corrupt our team someway.

He’s a joke... the players wouldn’t be corrupted by him, but this team is too strong to ever follow him... and if he wants to be a QB, a real/successful QB, being a leader is a prerequisite. The Saints would follow Taysom.

I
This guy needs a lot more than an offensive guru. He needs a life coach that can explain the importance of maturity to him. It was only 3 years ago that Winston got benched during our game in the Dome, and while standing on the sidelines, poked Lattimore in the back of the head and caused a brawl that could have seriously injured our star rookie. Then he pretended as if he did nothing, even though it happened DURING A TELEVISED NFL GAME with 1000 TV cameras all around him. This dude is a loser, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our locker room.
I think you went a bit overboard here, players can mature yes and our team is probably one of the only ones (Pats come to mind too) who would be able to handle a guy with maturity concerns. Winston absolutely instigated the schuffle, but I don't know how you can blame him for Mike Evans actions - that guy has issues and it was the 2nd time that season he was involved in a similar situation. Are you saying you wouldn't take Mike Evans on this team if a similar opportunity arose? I highly doubt that.

He’s a joke... the players wouldn’t be corrupted by him, but this team is too strong to ever follow him... and if he wants to be a QB, a real/successful QB, being a leader is a prerequisite. The Saints would follow Taysom.
You're talking about the team following him, he would be the #3 emergency QB.....

You're talking about the team following him, he would be the #3 emergency QB.....
I know... I’m talking more about him as QB in total.

Taysom was the Saints 3rd QB last season... but if he had to be “the guy” I have no doubt he would lead and the team would follow.

I know... I’m talking more about him as QB in total.

Taysom was the Saints 3rd QB last season... but if he had to be “the guy” I have no doubt he would lead and the team would follow.
i seriously doubt our oline would stop blocking and WRs stop catching passes if Winston had to take over.

You're obviously a person who's never made mistakes in your life
I'm nowhere near perfect, but I've never been accused of rape, or stolen anything, or groped a woman. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, but what sets me apart from Jameis is that I learned from them. It's clear to me he hasn't and probably won't unless someone holds him accountable for his actions.

I

I think you went a bit overboard here, players can mature yes and our team is probably one of the only ones (Pats come to mind too) who would be able to handle a guy with maturity concerns. Winston absolutely instigated the schuffle, but I don't know how you can blame him for Mike Evans actions - that guy has issues and it was the 2nd time that season he was involved in a similar situation. Are you saying you wouldn't take Mike Evans on this team if a similar opportunity arose? I highly doubt that.
Where did I go overboard? My description of what happened was accurate. Go back and look at it.

And why would we take on a player with maturity issues that need to be handled? How about we take on a mature player and the coaches can spend their time working on improving his game? That would be time better spent.

I don't know enough about Evans, but if he has a history of losing it and flying off the handle like he did in that game, I wouldn't want him on the team either. I'd rather have good players that know how to act and carry themselves like professionals.

Where did I go overboard? My description of what happened was accurate. Go back and look at it.

And why would we take on a player with maturity issues that need to be handled? How about we take on a mature player and the coaches can spend their time working on improving his game? That would be time better spent.

I don't know enough about Evans, but if he has a history of losing it and flying off the handle like he did in that game, I wouldn't want him on the team either. I'd rather have good players that know how to act and carry themselves like professionals.
I did multiple times and while I admit Winston instigated the fight I don't know how anyone can say that fight was his doing and not Evans.

You're not improving the game of a mature player. Luke McCown didn't come here and get better. Too many fans are feeling that signing Winston would have a Taysom type feel as the heir apparent. Guys, this would be closer to a Ryan Griffin or Garrett Grayson role.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom