Winston rumor (1 Viewer)

tthier2

O.G. Bobby Johnson
Reaction score
Don’t shoot the messenger but I heard from a very reliable source as in a Winston family member that Payton plans to sign him as the backup to Brees this season. Personally I’m all for it and I think he could be deadly in this offense under Payton. Thoughts?

I don’t see it happening because Payton said Taysom is the #2 and I don’t think Winston would sign to be the 3rd. That said if Payton wants him I’m good with giving him a chance.

Let's assume that what you say is true.

Why would anyone have a problem with this?

We would most likely be getting him at a price and contract that provides absolutely no risk to the team. He is obviously talented and it's not like we would be plugging him in. He would exclusively be a backup.

As our emergency qb? Sure.

Agreed. I think he has a lot of athleticism that can’t be taught, he’s just very raw. Sean is a mastermind with QB’s imo and could possibly rejuvenate his career.
I’d like the move. From a football standpoint.

Last edited:
Don’t shoot the messenger but I heard from a very reliable source as in a Winston family member that Payton plans to sign him as the backup to Brees this season. Personally I’m all for it and I think he could be deadly in this offense under Payton. Thoughts?
Is this a April Fool thing? I’m not against Winston, just wanna know if I should watch this thread or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom