Winston Work Out Video Updates 5-12-21: Working out with Jay Glazer to improve core strength and hip fluidity (1 Viewer)

We all know, he can make every throw there is. The biggest question mark has always been his recognition, going to the right receiver and his accuracy (ball placement). Does he have the aptitude to run a quick read offense, that Payton employs?

He is going to get blitzed early and often to see if he still has the inability to recognize defensive formations and can accurately throw the ball to the correct read. We will know within the first few games if indeed he truly has become the QB, Tampa thought they were getting.

You mean the loaded team that couldn't stay healthy last year. Ha Unfortunately injuries, timing, calls, and luck can all play roles in how good a player/team does. I'm not sure if wins or loses will be the way Winston gets judged at first. I think it will be his touchdown to interception ratio given his history and what most seam to lock in on. The other area I think people will be quick to judge is his decision making and overall leadership. I think his overall arm talent will be good. I'm looking forward to the camp battle we will have.

I don't disagree with your statement about luck, injuries, etc. However, talent wise, the 2019 -2020 Saints were loaded by all accounts. Great starters and our depth was arguably the best in the league. We won games consistently with backups, even at the QB position. This version of the team has been gutted by the salary cap. That depth is gone and our secondary right now scares me. Throw that in with Tom Brady now in the division and everything has changed.

With that being said, I hope you are right about the standards by which Jameis is judged. The ones you put forth are fair. My concern is if we don't win 11 plus games or make the playoffs, everyone will call him a bum unless he puts up 1st team Pro Bowl numbers. That wouldn't be fair to him if he's solid and does make smart decisions with a good TD to interception ratio.

Book will not make the practice squad because he won't clear waivers. If the Saints do not put him on their 53, some other team will.

SFIAH
There are 4 spots on the practice squad that are protected. I’m pretty sure those players don’t have to go through waivers and can’t be signed by another team.

Never knew Glazer was a workout guru. Well hes definitely going to be a Saints fan this year. With Glazer on the Saints side nothing can go wrong

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom