Winston Work Out Video Updates 5-12-21: Working out with Jay Glazer to improve core strength and hip fluidity (1 Viewer)

Love seeing this. Juwan at TE can be very intriguing. Dan Arnold, Evan Engram, and Ricky Seals Jones are all TEs in/around that size frame. Plus, he ran a 4.58 40, so there’s potential there if that is a possibility.

Another good comparison is Robert Tonyan. He was 6'5" 236lbs when he was still at QB/WR before converting to TE. His combine numbers were 4.51 40 / 38" Vert and 10'8" broad jump.

Hmmm coincidence that DB9 lives in San Diego? Some mentoring going on there?
Probably just the most perfect weather city. Man, I love San Diego.

Not a coincidence, Jameis Winston is working in San Diego with Todd Durkin, who was Drew Brees' quarterback coach during the off-season.

I saw this reported by Jim Trotter at the NFLNetwork.

Winston needs to do his best impersonation of Drew Brees in terms of work ethic. Not saying he doesn't have it, but he needs to turn it up 10 fold from anything he's ever done before.
Nothing is wrong with his work ethic. Drew had a unique grind that most people cannot match. It's Winston's decision-making that's his biggest weakness. Also, I just hope he's spending as much time dissecting film as he does with physical workouts.

Nothing is wrong with his work ethic. Drew had a unique grind that most people cannot match. It's Winston's decision-making that's his biggest weakness. Also, I just hope he's spending as much time dissecting film as he does with physical workouts.
I will agree. However in Payton’s offense with how it developed under Brees the QB and WRs had to have chemistry and trust. Brees insane accuracy came from throwing to a point his WR was going to be at and trusting his WRs to get there. If Winston wants that level of accuracy, it’s the chemistry that needs to develop. Plus, the offense is going from a guy who had a soft throw and perfect placement to a guy with a much more powerful arm and ability to push the ball but will take a while for WRs to get used to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom