Winston Work Out Video Updates 5-12-21: Working out with Jay Glazer to improve core strength and hip fluidity (1 Viewer)

Hmmm coincidence that DB9 lives in San Diego? Some mentoring going on there?
Todd Durkin‘s training camp is in San Diego so I think he went out there because of Drew’s recommendation. That training can’t hurt.

I'm excited to see what the new days will be.
You know Jameis has Drew on speed dial for any questions........and we all know Drew told him to call any time. I won't be shocked to see Drew pop up at the facility for moral support or camp for that matter.
On another note. Kid has a cannon
He does. Very talented. Here’s hoping a year with the GOAT rubbed off mentally

Glad to see him working on the out routes and some timing throws. Hope he is working on feet and base set up, beyond just "pitch and catch", that is where he needs to do a lot of work on. He seems to have been working on some more "touch" to his throws. He had some nice throws and anticipation in the short time he was in the 49ers game that you usually didn't see from him in the past. He started pressing hard in the 4th quarter, but before then he was relaxed and managed what the D gave to him. It's almost all "upstairs" for him.

Glad to see him working on the out routes and some timing throws. Hope he is working on feet and base set up, beyond just "pitch and catch", that is where he needs to do a lot of work on. He seems to have been working on some more "touch" to his throws. He had some nice throws and anticipation in the short time he was in the 49ers game that you usually didn't see from him in the past. He started pressing hard in the 4th quarter, but before then he was relaxed and managed what the D gave to him. It's almost all "upstairs" for him.
The big red flag in that Niners game was how he react after getting hit hard. After he got hit, he started to see ghost and rushing through throws/reads

He got rattled badly. His footwork was a great improvement from his Tampa tape. I hope he can handle those QB hits better, but when you haven't been sacked in over a year. The 1st one always seems to rattle you.

It also didn't help that Winston never got into a rhythm with 49ers getting pressure like crazy and Taysom was awful in that game killing drives & fumbles

The big red flag in that Niners game was how he react after getting hit hard. After he got hit, he started to see ghost and rushing through throws/reads

He got rattled badly. His footwork was a great improvement from his Tampa tape. I hope he can handle those QB hits better, but when you haven't been sacked in over a year. The 1st one always seems to rattle you.

It also didn't help that Winston never got into a rhythm with 49ers getting pressure like crazy and Taysom was awful in that game killing drives & fumbles
Yes. That is what scares me most...his ability to just revert. It is so built into his natural reaction with pressure and once starts pressing a bit, everything can go out the window. Game time vs practice is a whole different ball of wax. He seemed lost at the end of that game. He needs to be working on things that translate to the game. He can throw the ball, he seems to be great at moving through punching bags his friends swing at him, too...LOL. It is the knee-jerk decision making that scares me most. BUT, progress is progress and good to see him trying to do everything at least HE thinks he needs to do in offseason.

That's something I am looking to see because talent aside how does he fit in the offense, we've seen how clean the offense ran under Brees and as stated when Winston came in vs the 49ers he looked like Winston running the Saints offense, he stood tall in the pocket but when after the initial read things fell apart, but again that was coming in after the Brees injury.

It be interesting to see if he is a rythmic passer or a statue who only throws darts and lacks touch and anticipation.

It's why I liked the Ian Book pick do much because he fits the offense in regard to his decision making and his quick release.

Last edited:
I know its only a glorified game of catch, but man those were some beautiful looking darts from Winston

The guy's arm talent is off the charts. I just hope he doesn't get judged unfairly if the Saints only win 7 to 9 games. We have lost a lot of depth because the bill finally came due. This isn't the "loaded" team that Drew had the last few years. Also, all indications are the Bucs will still be as good or better than last season. The landscape in the NFC South has changed dramatically.

If we stay healthy I think we wins 9 to 10 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. If we have injuries and the defense falls off I could see us winning as few as 6 or 7 and it wouldn't necessarily be Jameis' fault.

I think these players need to invite a couple of fans (I will volunteer) to sit in and watch these organized practices in San Diego. Could not think of a better vacation from work right now.

The guy's arm talent is off the charts. I just hope he doesn't get judged unfairly if the Saints only win 7 to 9 games. We have lost a lot of depth because the bill finally came due. This isn't the "loaded" team that Drew had the last few years. Also, all indications are the Bucs will still be as good or better than last season. The landscape in the NFC South has changed dramatically.

If we stay healthy I think we wins 9 to 10 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. If we have injuries and the defense falls off I could see us winning as few as 6 or 7 and it wouldn't necessarily be Jameis' fault.
You mean the loaded team that couldn't stay healthy last year. Ha Unfortunately injuries, timing, calls, and luck can all play roles in how good a player/team does. I'm not sure if wins or loses will be the way Winston gets judged at first. I think it will be his touchdown to interception ratio given his history and what most seam to lock in on. The other area I think people will be quick to judge is his decision making and overall leadership. I think his overall arm talent will be good. I'm looking forward to the camp battle we will have.

I think Jameis Winston is going to surprise some people playing here with us. The guy was a former #1 overall pick that won the Heisman trophy & a national championship, so he’s got that winning pedigree you look for in a college QB.

Then he goes to Tampa and doesn’t have the greatest years there, but I think he needed to mature as a man & a football player. His first year with Bruce Arians, who is known for his passing game, he throws for over 5,000 yards. Unfortunately he also threw 30 INTs, but Bruce Arians offense is known to be really tough to crack as a QB. Even the “GOAT” Tom Brady threw for 12 in his first year under Arians. There was a time last year were he was throwing tons of picks and the media was all up in arms about the relationship with Arians & Brady and was Brady done & other BS. Carson Palmer threw a ton of picks in his first year under Arians. It’s just a tough offense for QBs first year in it.

From all I have witnessed it seems that Jameis has matured by leaps & bounds. After throwing for 5,000+ yards and being let go, he didn’t b & moan like most thought he would likely do. He came here and learned under Drew Brees’ tutelage. He has said that it was like a Harvard education (don’t quote me on that, but he said something close to that) for QBs learning from Drew & coach Payton.

I think he gives us the best chance to win and compete. Him being cut by our biggest challenge in the division has left a huge chip on his shoulder, so you know he wants revenge. I think Taysom is WAY more valuable in his joker role and I believe coach knows this. He can also wing it and got that starting experience, so coach will let him come in to throw a whole lot more from that role. We just needed a 3rd QB if he was going to stay in that role and got the likely perfect backup in Ian Book.

Yes and I thought Juwan Johnson would eventually move to tight end due to his size, so hopefully that is the case going forward. With him just being more of a receiving tight end, we brought in some good UDFA blocking tight ends. So those moves kind of hint towards Juwan moving to tight end IMO. You have to have more than one receiving option at the position and both the guys we picked up don’t seem to be options for that. We have already had success with Dan Arnold making the same move from WR to TE, so I think this is likely what we vision for Juwan. I loved that pick up and love it even more if he makes the move to TE to become successful here.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom