Winter Vacation Ideas? (1 Viewer)

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
Sticky Post
trying to take the kids to see snow this winter. i know snow isnt a "guarantee", but i'd like to go somewhere where i'm more than likely going to see it.

up for flying, up for driving within 10 hours (probably tough, since i live in lafayette)

would like to not break the bank, disney was 4k last year, would like to be around there.

anyone has any suggestions? states/places to stay/etc?

seagull

2010 World Champions
Reaction score
Not much snow in Gatlinburg at the present time, but when temp drop, they do have snow making machines.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
im checking stuff as ya'll post. its definitely a reality check vs a beach trip when it comes to pricing... thought disney was bad for the 4 of us.
Ok well apparently winter is too cold for an Alaskan Cruise, they most only run in Spring and Summer.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
im checking stuff as ya'll post. its definitely a reality check vs a beach trip when it comes to pricing... thought disney was bad for the 4 of us.
Colorado will be pricey. But iirc, if we didnt do skiing ( lift tickets, ski school, rentals ) it would have been abt $1500-2k cheaper. I would imagine the time of year you plan on plays a factor too.

But you will spend 4k minimum for 4-6 days

Brennan77

Bass Manager
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Jackson Hole was pretty pricey when we were scouting places to go. Maybe it changed since 2016/17?
It's seasonal. The summer months are $$$. But a hotel in the town center that costs $370 in the summer might cost $120 in the winter.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You can do lots of stuff for $4k. We did 3 days in disney last month and probably spent the same amount as a Wyoming trip. Yeesh that place is expensive. $7 for a churro?! Gimme 3!

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You can do lots of stuff for $4k. We did 3 days in disney last month and probably spent the same amount as a Wyoming trip. Yeesh that place is expensive. $7 for a churro?! Gimme 3!

We just nixed a Disney trip - it was $4500 for 4 days ( between hotel, park hopper [ my word - thats where the $$$ gets you } and flight )

I told my wife n kids we just built a pool, spent $$$$ for outdoor furnishings, about to spend more $$$ for landscaping and yall want to drop $5000+ in Disney, with HALF THE WORLD THERE ( Easter week ) ????

im the villain. lol

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
We just nixed a Disney trip - it was $4500 for 4 days ( between hotel, park hopper [ my word - thats where the $$$ gets you } and flight )

I told my wife n kids we just built a pool, spent $$$$ for outdoor furnishings, about to spend more $$$ for landscaping and yall want to drop $5000+ in Disney, with HALF THE WORLD THERE ( Easter week ) ????

im the villain. lol
As much as I love Disney, and I do, years when we make big purchases, I have to steer the family away from going there.

Last edited:

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I love Disney, and I do, years when we make bug purchases, I have to steer the family away from going there.
its been some time since we have gone and my youngest was really itching.

Then i started to inquire. i was just blown away- for 3 day park hopper passes alone was $1800~

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom