Winter Vacation Ideas? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
trying to take the kids to see snow this winter. i know snow isnt a "guarantee", but i'd like to go somewhere where i'm more than likely going to see it.

up for flying, up for driving within 10 hours (probably tough, since i live in lafayette)

would like to not break the bank, disney was 4k last year, would like to be around there.

anyone has any suggestions? states/places to stay/etc?

when are you going? Soon i would hope.

Gatlinburg sees snow / Colorado- any of the ski resort towns ( Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Steamboat etc ) that have plenty to do outside of skiing ( just 20 miles outside of Breckenridge is Frisco that has a pretty cool tubing park )

Someone told me the other day that they thought Gatlinburg was really cool these days. I’ve never been.

when are you going? Soon i would hope.

Gatlinburg sees snow / Colorado- any of the ski resort towns ( Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Steamboat etc ) that have plenty to do outside of skiing ( just 20 miles outside of Breckenridge is Frisco that has a pretty cool tubing park )
between thanksgiving and christmas/new years later this year. i'll check those out. i've never skied or snowboarded before. kids just want to play in snow. i've always gone to beaches with them, last year was disney. but we're tired of beaches.

Vermont and New Hampshire.

Gatlinburg, the extra 2 hours won't kill ya and plenty to do for the young ones. Chance of snow might be like 50/50.

Toronto / Niagra Falls, flights shouldn't be too costly, but you need passports. Chance of snow is pretty high.

Alaskan cruise. Not sure the cost, but I've always wanted to do one. Boat will keep the kids busy. Don't have to stress about where to eat. Almost certain to have snow.

Last edited:
between thanksgiving and christmas/new years later this year. i'll check those out. i've never skied or snowboarded before. kids just want to play in snow. i've always gone to beaches with them, last year was disney. but we're tired of beaches.

So we have been to Breckenridge 2 times - most recent was 3 years ago.

Kids didnt dig skiing all that much. But between Frisco and the hillsides in Breckenridge ( for sledding ), sno mobile trips, riding the gondolas and the overall appearance of Breckenridge ( all the buildings are in the Euro Chalet style ) it was really nice.

I would really pay attention to the weather. My sister was a Denver resident for 17 years. Snow really doesnt start there til mid November/Erly December, but 2019 was much earlier. So id keep an eye on that - other option would be delaying til feb/march.

Jackson Hole Wyoming. It's much cheaper there in the winter and it will be covered in snow. You can do a snowmobile or snowcoach tour of Yellowstone. There's sleigh rides in the elk preserve. Snowshoeing on the park roads etc.

Jackson Hole was pretty pricey when we were scouting places to go. Maybe it changed since 2016/17?

Jackson Hole Wyoming. It's much cheaper there in the winter and it will be covered in snow. You can do a snowmobile or snowcoach tour of Yellowstone. There's sleigh rides in the elk preserve. Snowshoeing on the park roads etc.

That sounds delightful... my people would never go for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom