Wireless Connection (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do both Xbox and PS3 support wireless internet?

For 360 you need the adapter thing. I was told that the it doesnt work well, so I just ran a wire into my living room.

I am using the wireless adapter for 360, without too much slowdown, being about 30 feet away from the router. It is fairly expensive, it basically evens the two systems out cost-wise, depending on the SKU you are looking at...

setting up the wireless conection for a Wii can be a real pain in the rear depending on your router configuration.

I've never had any problems with perfomrance with the 360 wireless adaptor.

Yeah, I keep oscillating back and forth. Really the only reason I have to choose Xbox is that my buddies have that one, and they're the only people I might care to play online.

Other than that (which is a big one for me), the rest of the factors go to PS3. :(

setting up the wireless conection for a Wii can be a real pain in the rear depending on your router configuration.

I've never had any problems with perfomrance with the 360 wireless adaptor.

I thought the Wii was a breeze to set up, and I'm using WPA.

Yeah, I keep oscillating back and forth. Really the only reason I have to choose Xbox is that my buddies have that one, and they're the only people I might care to play online.

Other than that (which is a big one for me), the rest of the factors go to PS3. :(

Those were the issues I was debating over last year... all my friends had 360, so I went with that, and intend to grab a PS3 soon, maybe after another price drop. Now that Blu-Ray will be the standard, I can justify it more than I could before HD-DVD died...

Those were the issues I was debating over last year... all my friends had 360, so I went with that, and intend to grab a PS3 soon, maybe after another price drop. Now that Blu-Ray will be the standard, I can justify it more than I could before HD-DVD died...

The thing is, I will never own two. I just refuse. I'm hesitant about even getting one as it will replace girlfriend, guitar and the gym as my spare time activity. :(

The thing is, I will never own two. I just refuse. I'm hesitant about even getting one as it will replace girlfriend, guitar and the gym as my spare time activity. :(

See I'm married, and the Mrs. is more than happy to have me occupied with something else.. :D

See I'm married, and the Mrs. is more than happy to have me occupied with something else.. :D

Good point. As soon as I get married, the girlfriend and gym both get knocked off my "to do" list. Should free up a good bit of free time.

edit: on the off-chance she reads this, I'm just kidding

Last edited:
I thought the Wii was a breeze to set up, and I'm using WPA.

its depents on the nature of the wireless router, its configuration, and how much security you layer on top of it. My home wirelss network isn't very secure so it connects pretty easily, my parents on the other hand had a Quest installed system with pretty tight security and it took me hours to get it working. Either way, plan on loging into your router to make modifications. You will get connection errors out of the box more than likely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom