Wishful thinking (1 Viewer)

FBU4you

Very Banned
Reaction score
Do you think we could package a deal to trade 1's and Cooks to move up in the draft? If so how far?

I rather stay where we are pick twice in the first.

We could easily package cooks and #11 and get #5 from the titans. We would be getting screwed harder than a French ***** in that trade though.

Why? We already have the 11th pick. Cooks doesn't need to packaged to be traded. It should be a straight pick/picks for him and nothing added on our part. It almost sounds like we are trying to unload him for nothing.

Do you think we could package a deal to trade 1's and Cooks to move up in the draft? If so how far?

More like we need to trade Cooks for a mid first round pick this year plus a player and/or a first round pick next year.

The longer the Saints let the Twitter hissy fits go, the more Cooks value drops.

In a week it's flipped from a sellers to a buyers market.

The longer the Saints let the Twitter hissy fits go, the more Cooks value drops.

In a week it's flipped from a sellers to a buyers market.
I get your point, but...........
What do you propose the Saints do?

They can't force a trade.
They could probably talk with the players about social media maturity.
But if the rumors are true that Cooks is pushing the issue, what can the Saints do?

I get your point, but...........
What do you propose the Saints do?

They can't force a trade.
They could probably talk with the players about social media maturity.
But if the rumors are true that Cooks is pushing the issue, what can the Saints do?

They could have been more proactive in making it look like a mutual win/win situation rather than a firesale on a cancer. It's hard to keep one player quiet, but they obviously didn't do a good job creating a positive lockerroom culture. If they had, they other WRs wouldn't be piling on right now.

It's just another offseason making it very obvious why they've been a losing team for half a decade.

It's too late stuffing the cat in the bag. Interested teams should just sit and wait for the Saints to come down to them or let the Saints' tumor metastasize for another season.

Worst case they know the Saints aren't going to pick up the 5th year option. Just wait a season and try to win the coming bidding war, no draft picks needed.

I rather stay where we are pick twice in the first.

Exactly what I was going to say. I want extra picks. Basically you would be giving Cooks up for maybe 2 or 3 spots higher? Teams in the top 5 would demand a lot more. Let somebody else overpay for once.

I badly want to keep Cooks. The sum of Thomas, Cooks and Snead is greater than the parts. This is a very special unit and the odds of Cooks not playing all out or being a team cancer are about 10%. Cooks wants the big contract asap.

It just hit. Is Cooks afraid of staying and clearly becoming the the #2 WR which he thinks will run down his ability for the major payday? I actually think he will play harder if he stays to stay on par with Thomas as a true #1 WR.

They could have been more proactive in making it look like a mutual win/win situation rather than a firesale on a cancer. It's hard to keep one player quiet, but they obviously didn't do a good job creating a positive lockerroom culture. If they had, they other WRs wouldn't be piling on right now.

It's just another offseason making it very obvious why they've been a losing team for half a decade.

It's too late stuffing the cat in the bag. Interested teams should just sit and wait for the Saints to come down to them or let the Saints' tumor metastasize for another season.

Worst case they know the Saints aren't going to pick up the 5th year option. Just wait a season and try to win the coming bidding war, no draft picks needed.
Didn't all this talk about trading him start on Friday or Saturday?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom