Wishlist for 11th pick ( pre combine ) (2 Viewers)

And your opinion. like mine, makes your opinion valid on what account?

Maybe Elliot made the Cowboys OLine better, because of his skills. Maybe Brees and Brady have made WR's look better because of their skills. It all goes hand in hand. It is a team sport, last time I looked. But your opinion is worth .02. Thanks!

I doubt that as well. The reason Elliot made the line look good is because THEY WERE GOOD before Elliot showed up!! They have first round talent from one end of the line to the other end coupled with Elliot himself being a first round pick!! Running behind that line is a dream for a running back!!

That's not the case with the Saints. They don't have an offensive line stacked with first round picks across the board!!

I don't understand the drafting of Fournette to get what 12-15 carries a game!! Do you think for one second that Sean Payton is going to revamp his offensive philosophy to cater to a running back??

You have your opinion and I respect that but I still think trading Ingram and drafting Fournette would be a monumentally dumb move!!

If anything time has proven over the last 10 years is that you can have one of the best offenses in the NFL but if you can't stop the other team from scoring what good is it?? The numbers and stats are great but it very seldom produces many championships!!

All that being said the Saints need DEFENSIVE talent to even think about making another run before Brees goes on his merry way and drafting Fournette is not going to make the defense better unless he can play edge rusher, linebacker, or man one of the corner spots!!

Plus the fact that do you really believe that the Jets would give anything of value for Ingram??

I don't understand this line of thinking. Do you truly believe we need fournette over the other options that are available. Not to mention you need two parties to make a trade. Why in Christs name would the Jets trade for ingram while they can get fournette, they are a young team and aren't on the cusp of anything. It just seems really silly to even entertain such talks.

That said I hope we get McCaffrey somehow :hihi:

I think the Jets would at least entertain the trade. They would get a back and still have the 11th pick to spend on Lattimore or QB. Which is exactly why it would be a bad trade for us. Ingram, plus a high-grade defender, is a much better option for the team than Fournette plus no one.

McAffrey's grade seems to be all over the place - relatively. I see him being mocked anywhere from the mid-1st to the mid-2nd. Quite a difference. My dream draft has us taking Solomon Thomas at 11, then making a trade with our perennial trade partner in New England to take McCaffrey at 32.

And your opinion. like mine, makes your opinion valid on what account?

Maybe Elliot made the Cowboys OLine better, because of his skills. Maybe Brees and Brady have made WR's look better because of their skills. It all goes hand in hand. It is a team sport, last time I looked. But your opinion is worth .02. Thanks!

Do you truly believe the 2017 Saints are better with Fournette at RB and the same front 7 from last year than with Ingram (who was 3rd in the league in YPC btw) and an impact player like Thomas or Foster who will improve us defensively??

If so, and it's only my opinion of course; you are wrong.

I wonder if Vonn Bell has any input on Lattimore.
Maybe even Michael Thomas. Fellow buckeyes
would know best.

I doubt that as well. The reason Elliot made the line look good is because THEY WERE GOOD before Elliot showed up!! They have first round talent from one end of the line to the other end coupled with Elliot himself being a first round pick!! Running behind that line is a dream for a running back!!

That's not the case with the Saints. They don't have an offensive line stacked with first round picks across the board!!

I don't understand the drafting of Fournette to get what 12-15 carries a game!! Do you think for one second that Sean Payton is going to revamp his offensive philosophy to cater to a running back??

You have your opinion and I respect that but I still think trading Ingram and drafting Fournette would be a monumentally dumb move!!

If anything time has proven over the last 10 years is that you can have one of the best offenses in the NFL but if you can't stop the other team from scoring what good is it?? The numbers and stats are great but it very seldom produces many championships!!

All that being said the Saints need DEFENSIVE talent to even think about making another run before Brees goes on his merry way and drafting Fournette is not going to make the defense better unless he can play edge rusher, linebacker, or man one of the corner spots!!

Plus the fact that do you really believe that the Jets would give anything of value for Ingram??
I agree I do not understand why some people want us to trade Ingram a part time 1,000 yard RB to draft another RB. Ingram averaged 5.1 yards per carry the same as Elliott. This offense needs another Sproles or Bush type back I like the kid Donnel Pumphrey from San Diego State.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marshon Lattimore &#55357;&#56613;&#55357;&#56613;&#55357;&#56613;&#55357;&#56613;&#55357;&#56613; <a href="https://t.co/cMhkubNeFr">pic.twitter.com/cMhkubNeFr</a></p>&mdash; Carlos Blanco (@opiniondeldraft) <a href="https://twitter.com/opiniondeldraft/status/830518337587314690">February 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stuff like this is why he's my #2 most desired player who should be on the board when we pick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marshon Lattimore &#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533; <a href="https://t.co/cMhkubNeFr">pic.twitter.com/cMhkubNeFr</a></p>&mdash; Carlos Blanco (@opiniondeldraft) <a href="https://twitter.com/opiniondeldraft/status/830518337587314690">February 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stuff like this is why he's my #2 most desired player who should be on the board when we pick.

Exactly there is the old cliche you can never have enough good corners and lattimore has the tools to be one of the better corners on the league. Plus there is so much uncerainty with our corners including breaux. Lattimore is going be better than apple and he became the Giants number 2 this year and he was a rookie

If Malik Hooker falls, and that's a legit possibility, I think all bets are off and he's our guy. As much as I love Takk, Hooker offers a skill that we've not had since Sammy Knight, and dare I say Sharper. Hooker offers even more, in terms of coverage and big play splash ability. Plus, there's an ungodly bunch of Pass Rusher in the draft. I dont think the hype and hyperbole about his skill set are overblown at all. Hooker's range is on some freak status. Plus, its clear that Payton and the FO are liking this current crop of OSU kids.

My day 1-2 dream draft scenario: DB Malik Hooker in the 1st, PASS RUSHER Tarell Basham in the 2nd, and LB Alex Anzalone in the 3rd. On a side note, I'm surprised no one's talking about Anzalone. That dude is a straight wild man with the game to match. His injuries arent as dire as they seem, theyre upper body injuries. Anzalone and his teammate Jarad Davis are my favorite read/react/run/chase LBs in the draft.

Does anybody think LSU Kendall beckwith will be around for us to get,in the third or fourth because of injury he suffered at end of season? Think he would be a good one to grab if so.

He should be around in the third, I doubt the fourth. SOLID at ILB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom