With a healthy Bell and Thomas (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
What do you suppose the game plan will be in utilizing both these guys going forward?

And is that going to happen this weekend?

I have been bragging on Bell all year long and now comes along Thomas letting everyone know why he was annointed the starter in the offseason staking his claim back to the throne.

What a lovely little problem to have.

They'll both have packages for every game. Depending on how the game's going will dictate who gets more carries that day. IMO, they are equally good and there isn't a dropoff from one to the other.

My understanding is that Bell will not be ready yet, but that is based on something I read last week and I have not seen a recent update.

It's going to be interesting. My guess is that you will see one or the other get the bulk of the touches during a given game and you may not really know why until after the game, if ever.

But yes, it's nice to know you have two starting caliber running backs. Heck, it may even be three. Hamilton shows promise.

I remember years ago, late 60's early 70's, LSU had a powerful duo at RB's. They used one in the first half, then brought in the fresh legs in the second half when the D was tired. I know it's college, but it worked well for them. Assuming Reggie get his touches, how would this work with Bell and Thomas?

I dont think Bell will play this week. They'll give him until after the bye to heal completely.

I would like to see Bell get a lot of the early touches in the game to wear down the defense and use P. Thomas in the 2nd half to put the game away. The Saints have 2 guys that can go in there and get 100 yards for you a game much like Dalton and R. Mayes from back in the day.

Taking nothing away from Bell as he's been great this offseason and season (work ethic, play, etc), but Thomas is the more talented back. By far, in my opinion.

With this said, I believe that when both are healthy we should see a split of 65/35 to 60/40 in Thomas' favor and it will be very difficult for the opposing defenses with fresh legs in there for us.

Taking nothing away from Bell as he's been great this offseason and season (work ethic, play, etc), but Thomas is the more talented back. By far, in my opinion.

Hmm. May I ask why?

As for the OP, I think we should use them like the Giants used Ward/Jacobs. Rotate entire series with them. That way, both are fresh at the end of the game against a tired defense.

I'd like to see them use Bell mainly in the 1st half with Thomas spelling him every once and a while and then mainly use Thomas in the 2nd half and have Bell spell him every once and while.

It seems like whenever either of these guys gets too much of a workload their body starts to fatigue and the chance of injury increases. It sucks for people in fantasy but it's best for this team. Having two healthy fully capable running backs is scary, factor in Reggie and we have a complete offense.

Unfortunately I think we will have to wait until the Giants game, maybe later, until we can see both healthy at the same time.

Bell+Bush+Thomas= Giants rushing attack of 2007

If you remember that team won a Super Bowl.

Colts used the one-two punch during their superbowl season with Addai/Rhodes with one playing during the first half and the other playing the second half

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom