with al the colston talk (1 Viewer)

picnicwithfish

Geaux SAINTS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
why hasn't he been featured in a piece where he is publically interviewed? he is a hot story and i haven't heard him speak once. what are they waiting for?

don't worry, it'll happen soon....
also, my cousin works for cox and espn when there in town. the few times he's been around #12, he told me that cat is one of the most humble players he's ever met, same as deuce.

that is awesome to hear. he doesn't look very humble in apperance, but you can never judge a book by it's cover.

man he sounds like he is really a smart person who is really down to earth "he has been put in a good situation" i like it. however, i am talking sportcenter, nfl network, etc. he obviously can handle the pressure of a microphone in his face.

During the telecast sunday they said they thought he would rather take a nap than talk to the press, they had to call him back and that he probably wasn't awake during that interview. Colston just doesn't care about the media attention apparently.

when people don't talk to the media it is usually a sign they are not confident or they are just not articulate. i don't really understand that based off of the clips i have seen so far.

finally, nfl network is featuring him at 7 pm. ask and you shall receive.

Sweet. Good to know :) I'd have thought that by now he would make Sunday Conversation, PTI, or at worst.... Quite Frankly.

Colston is not just going to be rookie of the year he is going to be in the Pro-Bowl. Can you really name 3 receviers who have had a better season than Marques? No, you can't Marques has had one of the best rookie years in recent memory and maybe in NFL history. Lets just hope he keeps it up. And while im at it ,Brees for MVP!!!!!

Torry Holt and Anquan Boldin immediately come to mind... not to mention Steve Smith and possibly Roy Williams. Those guys have the name rec to support the stats that ultimately guide fan voting, but if he's top 6 or so (gotta consider Driver and Owens as well, other known WRs with high numbers) he could edge one of them out on player/coach sentiment. At worst... maybe we can sneak him in as a tight end? :D

Harrisburg native Dennis Green, the coach of the Cardinals, called yesterday to offer Colston a free-agent contract if he went undrafted
Just found this in an article written back in May. Even if he hadn't had all the personal success he's had so far, how good do you think this kid feels being a Saint when he came thisclose.

I judge players on how they act on the field. The media can often distort someone's personality.

Colston is pure class. No excessive celebrations, acknowledges his team mates good play, his first reaction after a hit is to get back up . . . everything you want in a young player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom