with all of these teams cutting players.. (1 Viewer)

You know we wont, we dont cut players, we sign players cut from other teams and call them upgrades.....

You know we wont, we dont cut players, we sign players cut from other teams and call them upgrades.....

good call :9:

im hoping for us to cut all the deadweight in backups who get no playing time, like simmons among others. i wouldn't mind cutting simoneau or shanle for that matter, it would show they're actually going to attempt to UPGRADE the defense

All the major players I could see being cut (Moore, Henderson, Young, Simoneau) are all free agents.

i don't think we cut young. he's in the top 10 for DT sacks in the past 2 years. i say resign him

Meily has a point...all I'm hearing is a lot of teams making plans, cutting dead wood, postering for free agents, etc. And we are hearing absolutely nothing from the Saints (with all due respect to Mr. Grammatica). Who of our own are we looking to sign? Who are we letting go? Who are the guys who are not free agents that we may cut to make more salary cap room? Anything? Anybody?

Times Picayune is reporting nothing. Where's Stonewall or even Bongo when you need 'em?

Simmons cap hit next year is ridiculous for being a backup. We may not keep him.

i don't think we cut young. he's in the top 10 for DT sacks in the past 2 years. i say resign him

I was all for letting Young walk, then I thought about it.....if we let him walk, who is gonna be the veteran backup who can start in a pinch? Young isnt a pro bowler but he is a solid player, I say resign him (2yr deal) but still look to get his replacement in free agency (C. Williams) or in the draft.

I also think that Henderson should be resigned (I've always felt that way) so far he has proven that he cannot be depended on to start, but he's also proven to scare the living bejeezus outa defenses with his speed and seperation, he is shifty (when he catches the ball) and able to score from any place on the field (when he catches the ball) I think that would be another smart resigning, because first, it would be cheap (didnt do good at all in his contract year) and secondly, at worst he is a #4 reciever and he plays special teams (kick and punt coverage....somebody has to hawk down Devin Hester on kick coverage) and the way Payton used him, by alternating the #3 and #4 recieving spot, he still brings that deep threat element to the team and what if his replacement isnt able to duplicate that deep threat that Devery has already gotten a name for in this league? we think he isnt important because of his drops, but I sure hate to see us without a true deep threat (whether he catches it or not) Sure Meachem will get his opportunity (4.39 40 time) but doesnt that make our offense more explosive if we had two guys that can get deep like that?

I know, I know, and I agree, his drops were so bad this year, I wanted to crawl under a rock and die for him....but he works hard and will continue to and he is still that element in the passing game that clears out the safetys and beats the Cover 2.

I was all for letting Young walk, then I thought about it.....if we let him walk, who is gonna be the veteran backup who can start in a pinch? Young isnt a pro bowler but he is a solid player, I say resign him (2yr deal) but still look to get his replacement in free agency (C. Williams) or in the draft.

I also think that Henderson should be resigned (I've always felt that way) so far he has proven that he cannot be depended on to start, but he's also proven to scare the living bejeezus outa defenses with his speed and seperation, he is shifty (when he catches the ball) and able to score from any place on the field (when he catches the ball) I think that would be another smart resigning, because first, it would be cheap (didnt do good at all in his contract year) and secondly, at worst he is a #4 reciever and he plays special teams (kick and punt coverage....somebody has to hawk down Devin Hester on kick coverage) and the way Payton used him, by alternating the #3 and #4 recieving spot, he still brings that deep threat element to the team and what if his replacement isnt able to duplicate that deep threat that Devery has already gotten a name for in this league? we think he isnt important because of his drops, but I sure hate to see us without a true deep threat (whether he catches it or not) Sure Meachem will get his opportunity (4.39 40 time) but doesnt that make our offense more explosive if we had two guys that can get deep like that?

I know, I know, and I agree, his drops were so bad this year, I wanted to crawl under a rock and die for him....but he works hard and will continue to and he is still that element in the passing game that clears out the safetys and beats the Cover 2.
i feel the same as you..wow...the exact same

My prob with resigning Henderson is that he couldn't catch 2 passes in a row in a contract year. What should we expect him to do once he's paid???

My prob with resigning Henderson is that he couldn't catch 2 passes in a row in a contract year. What should we expect him to do once he's paid???

Faith my man, Faith....I mean lets not forget the year he had before last year, he had games with 6, 7, 8, 9 catches....170+ recieving games.....Last year was just as much a nightmare for him as it was for us.

Player improve every offseason, we could see a totally different Devery (jason david for that matter) people act like (not you rob) you can never have a down year...this was a down year, even for devery (he always had hands problems) but like I said in my other thread, that just makes his resigning that much cheaper...he didnt earn a big pay day, but he still should be on the roster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom