With all the Juniors going back to school (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I just can't see us getting a CB at #10. Malcom Jenkins is/was the best CB to have come out in years, but he's not coming. To me, that leaves us with 1 choice unless Glenn Dorsey falls.

Kenny Phillips is the one we should take at our spot. He is a great young prospect at FS and Lord knows that is one of our biggest need areas. We could then move Bullocks to SS to compete with Harper and back him up, allowing KK and Reis to back up Phillips.

A lot of our deep passes we have given up can be attributed to the lack of safety help. Kenny Phillips would immediately fix this problem.

In FA, we could then go after a couple of CB's like Florence or Trufant or Samuels or Gay. Heck, even Corey Webster would be an upgrade over what we currently have. If we could then fix the pass rush our defense would be much improved.

This looks like a very deep Junior class that's entering the draft.

True. There is just isn't any elite prospect at CB or MLB.

But OT, DE, and RB are pretty loaded. And a deep draft for QBs as well.

Unfortunatly none of those are critical needs but that's how the draft breaks sometimes.

I still say Mike is better than Malcolm Jenkins...

And some draft gurus agree with me... So there's still a good CB on the board...

I like Mike Jenkins, but not at #10. That's too high.

An option is to trade out. The Saints need plenty of defensive help and it wouldn't bother me in the least to see them work the draft for more picks (or players). Picking at #10 just might not be the way to go.

An option is to trade out. The Saints need plenty of defensive help and it wouldn't bother me in the least to see them work the draft for more picks (or players). Picking at #10 just might not be the way to go.

Yea, but who is better - the available CB's in the draft, or Kenny Phillips? That's what it will come down to.

Yea, but who is better - the available CB's in the draft, or Kenny Phillips? That's what it will come down to.

Maybe. We really have no idea what anything will come down too right now. Draft boards will be all over the place at least until the NFL combine comes.

I think we're all pulling the trigger too soon on the talent that's entering the draft this year. IMO I wasn't overly impressed with malcolm jenkins during the title game. Then again I have not been watching OSU much this year.

After the combine we'll have a much clearer picture of where we stand at #10 and whether we need to trade down or not. BUT I do think that moving back in the draft and taking 2 solid players on defense is better than taking the BPA (if offense) at #10

the need for us is greatest at CB...now who knows what we do in FA. but as we sit right now we have to get better at corner....so this being said we have to take a CB in the 1st round...this pains me to say, cause i want Keith Rivers more than anyone player in the draft...but a need is a need....

I just can't see us getting a CB at #10. Malcom Jenkins is/was the best CB to have come out in years, but he's not coming. To me, that leaves us with 1 choice unless Glenn Dorsey falls.

Kenny Phillips is the one we should take at our spot. He is a great young prospect at FS and Lord knows that is one of our biggest need areas. We could then move Bullocks to SS to compete with Harper and back him up, allowing KK and Reis to back up Phillips.

A lot of our deep passes we have given up can be attributed to the lack of safety help. Kenny Phillips would immediately fix this problem.

In FA, we could then go after a couple of CB's like Florence or Trufant or Samuels or Gay. Heck, even Corey Webster would be an upgrade over what we currently have. If we could then fix the pass rush our defense would be much improved.

Mike Jenkins and Talib are both better than Malcom

I was all for drafting a DB at #10, but after watching the Giants recent defensive surge, I think we should go after a DT first. I know Young was hurt, but it's been established on SR that we should go after a stud DT and I now believe that.

The Giants secondary isn't anything to write home about, but they have been virtually lights out recently compared to early on in the season. IMO, that has ALOT to do with the DLine and LBs getting good pressure. That keeps the dbs from keeping coverage for more than 3 or so seconds. That would make any DB look like an All Pro.

Get a stud DT or someone else to complete our DLine, and the pressure will make our secondary instantly "look" better. I still say go after a CB in FA anyway. Instant impact, not a work in progress. No time for that.

I was all for drafting a DB at #10, but after watching the Giants recent defensive surge, I think we should go after a DT first. I know Young was hurt, but it's been established on SR that we should go after a stud DT and I now believe that.

The Giants secondary isn't anything to write home about, but they have been virtually lights out recently compared to early on in the season. IMO, that has ALOT to do with the DLine and LBs getting good pressure. That keeps the dbs from keeping coverage for more than 3 or so seconds. That would make any DB look like an All Pro

That's interesting that you say that though because I was really impressed with the Giants first round draft pick, CB Aaron Ross. I thought he looked pretty good for a rookie.

Sure some of that can probably be attributed to the pass rush, as you mentioned, but it gives me some hope that you can bring a rookie in and get him up to speed...at least by the end of the season :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom