with all the teams that will be looking for a new head coach.... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
you have to figure carolina, maybe tennessee, st. louis, tampa, buffalo, maybe cleveland, maybe houston, jacksonville, maybe kansas city, maybe oakland, and washington (this week zorn is GONE) are all going to seriously consider changing coaches...

how long can we keep williams as dc? he is going to get a 2nd chance to head coach and deserves it....

i am hopeful he will last at least 2 years here, but that might be too optimistic... i hope someone is taking some notes or something...

Who cares. He's here the rest of the year.

We can cross that bridge when it comes. I'd say that we went out of our way to pay him and hire his son, so I'd like to think he shows some loyality (considering he sucked as a HC already anyway).

to be a head coach??? of course... that's what happens with success... look at all the cowboy guys with jimmy johnson that got jobs cause the boys won 3 bowls...

to be a head coach??? of course... that's what happens with success... look at all the cowboy guys with jimmy johnson that got jobs cause the boys won 3 bowls...

Williams has already failed as a HC. He's getting paid almost as much being a DC, what he likes to do, as he would get as a HC. We also did him a favor, hiring his son to learn under Payton. If he leaves that little favor will end.

I think he's at a point now where he doesn't care about chasing glory or a few more dollars. In the end game he could probably make more money as a DC because he's likely to keep his job longer. He's not a good HC.

you have to figure carolina, maybe tennessee, st. louis, tampa, buffalo, maybe cleveland, maybe houston, jacksonville, maybe kansas city, maybe oakland, and washington (this week zorn is GONE) are all going to seriously consider changing coaches...

how long can we keep williams as dc? he is going to get a 2nd chance to head coach and deserves it....

i am hopeful he will last at least 2 years here, but that might be too optimistic... i hope someone is taking some notes or something...

Jeff Fisher will not be fired in TEN. Mangini just hired in CLE, he will get atleast another year, same w/ Haley in KC & Spags in St. Louis. Del Rio wont be out in JAX, thats his team, he will get another year as well if not a few more years. He was already at BUF & WAS, not going back there. So that leaves OAK. Would you go to OAK for a rebuilding job when you have a consistent SB challenging team in front of you? I doubt it. The GW leaving the Saints threads should all resort to this post and end immediately.

Depends on Greg Williams. Obviously there's going to be a coaching job out there that would be worth his consideration. Washington, Oakland, even Cleveland, they aren't it. But somewhere like Tennessee or Carolina would be really appealing.

That said though, if we go deep into the playoffs any team will be hard pressed to woo him away. You can't hire away a coordinator as long as a team's season is on-going. And for playoff teams, you only get a 1 week window to even interview and assistant. So if we go to the Super Bowl, Greg Williams becomes a tough hire for most of those teams. Not impossible, but not ideal either.

There will be some finger crossing this off-season though, no doubt.

Jeff Fisher will not be fired in TEN. Mangini just hired in CLE, he will get atleast another year, same w/ Haley in KC & Spags in St. Louis. Del Rio wont be out in JAX, thats his team, he will get another year as well if not a few more years. He was already at BUF & WAS, not going back there. So that leaves OAK. Would you go to OAK for a rebuilding job when you have a consistent SB challenging team in front of you? I doubt it. The GW leaving the Saints threads should all resort to this post and end immediately.

I think Fisher is likely gone. He's been on the outs with the franchise management for some time now. Mangini and Spags will probably get another year though. Del Rio/Jacksonville is complicated by economics.

Oakland and Washington aren't legit options for Williams.

I imagine the Carolina and Tennessee jobs will be the most appealing for GW. They, however, will probably the most appealing jobs for everyone, including big names like Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan, and Mike Holmgren. So we'll have to see

Williams has already failed as a HC. He's getting paid almost as much being a DC, what he likes to do, as he would get as a HC. We also did him a favor, hiring his son to learn under Payton. If he leaves that little favor will end.

I think he's at a point now where he doesn't care about chasing glory or a few more dollars. In the end game he could probably make more money as a DC because he's likely to keep his job longer. He's not a good HC.

I think you underestimate the ego that these coaches have. You think Gregg Williams is sitting around saying "I'm just not that good of a head coach?"

I think his son being here is an interesting dynamic. But I could see it as he has his son here to learn his system, so that we have a capable potential D-coordinator when GW goes for his head coaching gig. These guys will take all of the opportunities that they get. I would want to cement my own legacy if I were him, not merely feed into someone else's glory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom