With all the young talent at wide receiver right now (1 Viewer)

Why does everyone have Ginn as a lock to make this roster? I like Ginn & I'm not saying he can't play in this league any more. But last season & this have shown that this team is acquiring a depth of young talent at the receiver position that gives coaches difficult decisions to make. IF Emanual Butler is as great as his training camp legend says he is. And if that legend can be translated to game day to go along with the steady play of young guys like Carr & Kirkwood who was pressed into action last season when Ginn was injured. Then how do you cut up & coming young guys like Cobbs, Grayson, Butler, & Humphrey when the name of the game is to continue to improve & become stronger. This may sound crazy, but like a pride of lions that eventually has a younger, stronger male take over the pride, I see Ginn being pushed out by the young lions on this roster.
What young talent... WR is our weakest position. People on here think any person who has a catch in scrimmage thinks they will be the next Randy Moss since they play for the saints.

What young talent... WR is our weakest position. People on here think any person who has a catch in scrimmage thinks they will be the next Randy Moss since they play for the saints.
So how did you guys enjoy the lock tonight? Did y'all see the vertical leap? I mean he must have gotten off the ground 15 inches. And only a vet can let a ball pass right through his mitts like that & have the television analyst apologize for it. I'm sorry fellows, but if we are gonna play keystone cops at the position, then it would be my hope that we do it with guys who have more up side than down side in them.

Last edited:
Well obviously you're unimpressed, so that's all that matters.

Also, got to love how you posted about Ginn not being good enough on an existing thread yesterday about the WR, then decided twenty minutes later that it needed it's own thread and started this one about it, and now you've just started another thread to post about it too. Being universally disagreed with in all three threads about the same thing too...

Well obviously you're unimpressed, so that's all that matters.

Also, got to love how you posted about Ginn not being good enough on an existing thread yesterday about the WR, then decided twenty minutes later that it needed it's own thread and started this one about it, and now you've just started another thread to post about it too. Being universally disagreed with in all three threads about the same thing too...
Weren't you the one criticizing me about two days ago because I wrote that I knew that Harris was gonna make this team because he was just too god not to? I wouldn't be too quick to jump out trying to criticize anyone if I were you right about now. Your batting average doesn't look too good at this point my friend.

Weren't you the one criticizing me about two days ago because I wrote that I knew that Harris was gonna make this team because he was just too god not to? I wouldn't be too quick to jump out trying to criticize anyone if I were you right about now. Your batting average doesn't look too good at this point my friend.
Well no, actually I said I could appreciate why you didn't put much stock in Sherels right now. So I'm sitting fairly comfortably thanks.

I'm afraid my criticism stands on this one, though. Ginn started last night and I've explained thoroughly and patiently above why he's still the top deep threat on this roster.

Well no, actually I said I could appreciate why you didn't put much stock in Sherels right now. So I'm sitting fairly comfortably thanks.

I'm afraid my criticism stands on this one, though. Ginn started last night and I've explained thoroughly and patiently above why he's still the top deep threat on this roster.
I t appears i'm not the only one who can change history to meet my POV. But at least I don't try to change the history of what I wrote because i'm afraid to admit I was wrong. I just go with my opinion. It feels much better than weaseling out of what you wrote.

Deep threat to do what? outrun the pass & not come back to make a play on the ball & let it get picked because everyone including our opposition knows Drew can't throw the ball over 50 yards to save his life. I've never to this day ever seen Drew Brees uncork a pass from beyond the 50 yard line into the end zone in my life. And I've been watching this guy play since Purdue. Why do you think the Chargers drafted Phillip Rivers & Nick Saban turned him down. It doesn't matter if you have a guy who can run 70 yards down the field if the QB can't get him the ball. All it does is get the QB criticized as being over the hill when he's never been on top of that hill. The odds are with you . Why sweat it man? Why follow me around trying to dog me out? if you're right you can crow like a rooster the while we all watch ted Ginn catch 20 passes for 250 yards & 2 or 3 TDs. Because that's gonna be his numbers if he makes this roster. Then you can crow about what all he did without the ball stretching the defenses out 75 yards so Drew could get a completion 25 yards down the field. I wonder how Drew ever had the best year of his life without Ted around last year?

I'm down with you Chief. I can't argue with stats from two years ago. I yield the floor to you sir. Enjoy the game tonight.
It's sad at this point. Saints fans now will give a negative dislike or post to someone. It's pathetic that anyone should start a Saints post and get disliked or clowned. I thought we are family. Plus if you don't like someone's post, well leave it be.

I t appears i'm not the only one who can change history to meet my POV. But at least I don't try to change the history of what I wrote because i'm afraid to admit I was wrong. I just go with my opinion. It feels much better than weaseling out of what you wrote.
I'm honestly not sure if you're referring to someone else's post. Literally what I said:
I can appreciate the caution around Sherels. Is he still who he was earlier in his career? Is he ready to go now, or still injured?

The story on why he came here allegedly is the forum's favourite trope, a one year deal to win a championship. I would have to search for the source on that, it came out in an article reporting the original signing

This reminds me of a dumb mindset I had during the 2011 preseason...

Devery Henderson had been pretty "meh" during that preseason, and Joe Morgan was the shiny new toy. I had the brilliant thought that maybe Payton would lose patience with Devery and cut bait, allowing Morgan to occupy one of the WR spots as a deep threat / punt returner.

So, naturally, Devery started off the regular season with back-to-back 100 yard receiving games and a TD in both.

Why does everyone have Ginn as a lock to make this roster? I like Ginn & I'm not saying he can't play in this league any more. But last season & this have shown that this team is acquiring a depth of young talent at the receiver position that gives coaches difficult decisions to make. IF Emanual Butler is as great as his training camp legend says he is. And if that legend can be translated to game day to go along with the steady play of young guys like Carr & Kirkwood who was pressed into action last season when Ginn was injured. Then how do you cut up & coming young guys like Cobbs, Grayson, Butler, & Humphrey when the name of the game is to continue to improve & become stronger. This may sound crazy, but like a pride of lions that eventually has a younger, stronger male take over the pride, I see Ginn being pushed out by the young lions on this roster.
One reason is because u can cut one of the young promising rookies and put him on the practice squad AND keep ginn too ( have your cake and eat it too). But if u cut ginn, he gone.

Ginn will most likely stay on the roster, and be targeted more than anyone save Mike, Kamara, and Cook. However, I caution the use of the word "lock". Payton has a history of serving up tough decisions, spiced with surprise. Think about it. Reggie, Jimmy, Cooks, Sproles, and other "lock" players have been cut loose. So we always have to keep 1 eye on Payton.

Having said that, Ginn is a valued Vet, and if Payton were going to cut or trade him, he would probably already have doe it, so he could catch on with another team. Still, he's not a lock.

Ginn will most likely stay on the roster, and be targeted more than anyone save Mike, Kamara, and Cook. However, I caution the use of the word "lock". Payton has a history of serving up tough decisions, spiced with surprise. Think about it. Reggie, Jimmy, Cooks, Sproles, and other "lock" players have been cut loose. So we always have to keep 1 eye on Payton.

Having said that, Ginn is a valued Vet, and if Payton were going to cut or trade him, he would probably already have doe it, so he could catch on with another team. Still, he's not a lock.

And not one of those guys you listed were "cut". All were traded.

Ginn is a lock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom