With Breaux out indfinitely, Saints faced with 2 questions... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Do we trade Spiller and mortgage a bit of the future to give ourselves a chance this season by going after a top 20 corner?

Or do we give up our slim playoff hopes and replace Breaux with someone mediocre?

A third question that the Saints can't answer is, would a team be willing to give up one of their top corners? Could we dip into Buffalo's secondary fortunes again (I'm thinking of Jabari Greer, not Byrd) and try to trade for Stephon Gillmore or Ronald Darby?

Do we trade Spiller and mortgage a bit of the future to give ourselves a chance this season by going after a top 20 corner?

Or do we give up our slim playoff hopes and replace Breaux with someone mediocre?

A third question that the Saints can't answer is, would a team be willing to give up one of their top corners? Could we dip into Buffalo's secondary fortunes again (I'm thinking of Jabari Greer, not Byrd) and try to trade for Stephon Gillmore or Ronald Darby?

No one is going to trade for Spiller given he cannot make the active roster over the pedestrian Cadet.

Maybe a CV corps starting Finnegan and Williams, with Sterling Moore in the slot and with Harris in at the 4th spot would be pretty respectable.

Crawley ain't ready at all for this yet.

Cutting Finnegan for cap reasons was a mistake IMO. I think he could have really helped us today.

One CB will not solve the problem.

I agree but the loss of one very important CB means we have no chance unless he's replaced with a CB who's in the neighborhood of being as good as Breaux.

We have serious problems with Breaux, but at least a chance. We have no chance without him unless we replace him with someone that has similar talent.

Trade our best running back? Oh sure let's do that!

/sarcasm font

Did you see what we did without him at the end of the year?

Are we a running team?

Did he make a significant enough of an impact today that you don't think it would be a worthwhile compromise to fix our #1 CB position?

We traded not only our number 1 TE, but an all-pro TE 2 seasons ago for a Center and rookie linebacker and everyone thought it was a brilliant move because we could easily plug the next guy in to this offense and have success.

If we trade for anything, it needs to be figuring out how to bribe the Jets into giving us Sheldon Richardson or Leonard Williams.

Well, if not bribery, figure out hypnosis or kidnap the Mike Greenberg.

Texans need a MLB to replace Cushing. They have AJ Bouye. Doubt they would consider moving him though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom