With Cadet's recent struggles, does Lasco get his first taste of the NFL? (1 Viewer)

Cadet is a third down back, a jack of all trades and master of none, he is a cog not a center piece I dont know why he is even getting all these threads about his 2 drops in two games when his skillset is best suited for his role.

People forget how he came in last year and totally reminded people of why that position is so particular and hard to find because he out performed Spiller in that role (because Spiller did not fit that role) Cadet played QB/WR/RB and his game transition to a satellite back better than some more big name players.

I thought it might happen as soon as they let Spiller go. Then again that 2 yard drop the ball in the flats play won't work.

This guy reminds me of a stronger Ruben Mayes. Mabyee its the # 36. Lol i Dont know. But yes give him a shot so he can block a punt like #37 Steve the man Gleason did. I was there Steve thank you for the great memory on a hated revial. No white flags.

Man I would love to see Lasco get the ball a few times. Dude is a true blue football player.

I wouldn't trust him picking up the blitz.

This has to be the poorest excuse that comes up. Everytime we have a talented RB who's not getting snaps, the "picking up the blitz" line always comes in next to "he's not learning the playbook".

As another poster earlier suggested, it's Payton's stubbornness.

The only way some of these guys are going to play is if there's an injury that forces his hand. Sad.. I know.

This has to be the poorest excuse that comes up. Everytime we have a talented RB who's not getting snaps, the "picking up the blitz" line always comes in next to "he's not learning the playbook".

As another poster earlier suggested, it's Payton's stubbornness.

The only way some of these guys are going to play is if there's an injury that forces his hand. Sad.. I know.

I think the point is to get players like Lasco accustomed to gield play snd preparation to play special tea.s on game day but during practice thry also practice at their natural position as to prepare them for gameday sctiom id called upon while alsp getting them accustomed to the riggers of the profession.

Based on the depth chart and gow the backs are used, Ingram and Hightower sre the primary ball carriers and Cadet is the tgird doem back so Lasco is essentially Ingram and Hightower's back up with his skill set (physical, with potential receiving versatility).

Cadet is a third down back, a jack of all trades and master of none, he is a cog not a center piece I dont know why he is even getting all these threads about his 2 drops in two games when his skillset is best suited for his role.

People forget how he came in last year and totally reminded people of why that position is so particular and hard to find because he out performed Spiller in that role (because Spiller did not fit that role) Cadet played QB/WR/RB and his game transition to a satellite back better than some more big name players.

Spiller played like two plays for the Saints and won a game on one of them. Point me in the direction where Cadet has done that here in the last however long he has been here.

Been thinking the same thing since preseason, too. He made some nice plays in those games on O. I like it! There's something very Pierre Thomas about Lasco.

Thought I was the only one! Kid has got heart and determination. Hope he gets a shot

what happened to the Cadet we seen at the end of the year last year?

Last year he was cut and passed around the league. When we picked him up late in the season he was hungry.

This year not so much I guess. I mean we are "game planning" for him according to Payton so he's had opportunity. IMO some of the personnel moves this team makes for certain types of players is baffling... I mean carrying a 3rd down back on the active 53 that doesn't play on 3rd down is dumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom