With Drew Brees out, my top 5 questions I hope to see answered & what I’m looking forward to see from this team (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
1. How we use both Teddy & Taysom in this upcoming game? I like how coach hasn’t revealed who is the starter. I’m hoping cause we really won’t have a starter, but a two headed monster at QB. We will keep the defense off balance by having to stop Teddy’s passing & Taysom’s running I hope. I think coach is giddy with the opportunity to unleash Taysom on the league. With no Drew Brees to hamper his use of Taysom, I think we will see some special things from him in the coming weeks.

2. Will this rushing offense become one of the best in the league now? Hopefully Kamara, Murray, & Taysom take this rushing offense to the top of the league. They are more than capable of doing just that IMO. If the offensive line can stay healthy, Taysom plays within himself, and the Kamara-Murray backfield keeps it going, we will see the best rushing offense ever for the Black & Gold. I think the league will be jealous of this rushing offense rather quickly.

3. Will the defense step up their game since the offense took a huge blow losing our best player? We have the talent to be one of the better defenses. I just hope the loss of Anzalone isn’t as huge a blow as one would think. Hopefully the secondary starts getting better & better as the weeks go by. We have talent back there, we just need the pass rush to help them out until they put it together IMO.

4. If the Kiko Alonso trade ends up being a saving grace? With Anzalone out, this trade has become a huge deal. I’m so glad we were able to add a starting caliber linebacker for a backup. We didn’t give up anything for a player that could possibly help save our defense. I hope we get to see a lot more of Craig Robertson as well since he was one of our best LBs for a few years before not getting many snaps last season.

5. Will the pass rush keep it up after a good game last week? Even though we did not win I thought the pass rush looked pretty good last week. Getting Onyemata back was huge. Cam, Davenport, & Hendrickson look to be a really good pass rushing trio and I hope we see that continue throughout the year. Getting Sheldon Rankins back sooner than later should have a huge effect on the pass rush and I can’t wait to see it.

Hey WhoDat_SB44,

I really enjoy and appreciate your posts. This one points to some very interesting issues. And your timing of this post is perfect. Knowing one day the Saints will be without Brees is one thing versus actually seeing it. Well, it's here for 6-plus games. You posting to issues of this team is great to start to leave some of the Brees shock behind. Thx so mcuh!

1. How we use both Teddy & Taysom in this upcoming game? I like how coach hasn’t revealed who is the starter. I’m hoping cause we really won’t have a starter, but a two headed monster at QB. We will keep the defense off balance by having to stop Teddy’s passing & Taysom’s running I hope. I think coach is giddy with the opportunity to unleash Taysom on the league. With no Drew Brees to hamper his use of Taysom, I think we will see some special things from him in the coming weeks.
I hope Payton actually utilizes Taysom in this game even if Bridgewater is the main QB. If anything just to keep the Defenses off guard, and guessing. In the Rams game After Drew went down, it was like Payton was scared to play Taysom at all, due to him being the emergency QB... until he was forced to play him at WR because Tre'Quan Smith went down. It hurt the short yardage game plan, as the Read option plays Taysom runs with Kamara are some of the Saints most effective short yardage plays and those pretty much went out the window in the Rams game after the Drew injury.

2. Will this rushing offense become one of the best in the league now? Hopefully Kamara, Murray, & Taysom take this rushing offense to the top of the league. They are more than capable of doing just that IMO. If the offensive line can stay healthy, Taysom plays within himself, and the Kamara-Murray backfield keeps it going, we will see the best rushing offense ever for the Black & Gold. I think the league will be jealous of this rushing offense rather quickly.
If the O-line plays like they did against the Rams? Absolutely not.. the O-line got absolutely whooped up front, and it was embarrassing. They need to get their stuff together if Murray/Kamara are to stand a chance, or else we'll see what we saw against the Rams: negative runs, and the Backs struggling to just get 2 yards or back to the Line of scrimmage. Maybe activating Loewen at Tight End and using him as an extra in-line blocker can help the run game?

3. Will the defense step up their game since the offense took a huge blow losing our best player? We have the talent to be one of the better defenses. I just hope the loss of Anzalone isn’t as huge a blow as one would think. Hopefully the secondary starts getting better & better as the weeks go by. We have talent back there, we just need the pass rush to help them out until they put it together IMO.
They are going to have to. At this point the secondary is the weakest link, and their constant miscommunications, and misplayed coverages are costing the Saints games.

4. If the Kiko Alonso trade ends up being a saving grace? With Anzalone out, this trade has become a huge deal. I’m so glad we were able to add a starting caliber linebacker for a backup. We didn’t give up anything for a player that could possibly help save our defense. I hope we get to see a lot more of Craig Robertson as well since he was one of our best LBs for a few years before not getting many snaps last season.
Saving grace is probably the wrong choice of words, If we're expecting Kiko to "save" anything we're in trouble he should at the very least be a capable fill in, and hopefully just plays within the system and not freelance like he tended to do in Miami. Using LB by committee and rotating Robertson on certain downs could also be a possibility to off-set the loss of Anzalone.

5. Will the pass rush keep it up after a good game last week? Even though we did not win I thought the pass rush looked pretty good last week. Getting Onyemata back was huge. Cam, Davenport, & Hendrickson look to be a really good pass rushing trio and I hope we see that continue throughout the year. Getting Sheldon Rankins back sooner than later should have a huge effect on the pass rush and I can’t wait to see it.
Through 2 games the Defensive Line has been the best performing unit on the team; at least pressure wise. They are consistently getting after the opposing Quarterback and making life difficult for him, it's up to the secondary to step up and not allow quick throws and to get their communication issues sorted out so they can actually get off the field on 3rd downs and not allow 3rd & Long conversions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom