With no 1st round pick at the moment, Does that mean the Saints have to be aggressive in Free Agency? (1 Viewer)

they have a target of several FA and if they get some, they will deem a success. Thats their first order of business- FA.

Do what we always do and try and take care of major needs in free agency then allow yourself to draft BPA in the draft.

So yes, we will be very aggressive. This is Drew's last year (presumably), look at us to be more aggressive than we ever have been.

Yes I believe we have too. We need a DT, slot wr and a corner if Williams leaves. As far as the draft go TE

My bet is that they do try to make a move up, although it's not what I would prefer to see them do.

I think that DL is suddenly a concern, particularly DT.
I’m normally a big proponent of trading UP. This is one year I think we should stand pat and see what falls to us. Davenport essentially cost us 2 high #2s and I am happy with that. A couple strategic FAs and re-sign Mark and I’ll call it a success. I’ll leave the names to the SR experts

Do what we always do and try and take care of major needs in free agency then allow yourself to draft BPA in the draft.

So yes, we will be very aggressive. This is Drew's last year (presumably), look at us to be more aggressive than we ever have been.
I’m not believing this is DB last contract but we will see

ufda's ... look for depth / players in areas that the team wants to address... scout out players who maybe weren't invited to the combine... good ones are out there, they just need to be found

I don't think they have the cap space to be a big player in free agency.

Given our current situation at the position, I think DT could/should be a major focus of both the draft and in FA. Corey Liuget just hit the market and guys like Rodney Gunter, Malcolm Brown, and Danny Shelton are also available. And that's on top of the name talents like Suh, Sheldon Richardson, and Mo Wilkerson. The draft is also pretty loaded at both NT and rush types. As big as a question mark as it is now, adding DT talent via FA and the draft could even further strengthen the position/rotation moving forward. Especially when Sheldon does come back.

Perhaps we could trade Bridgewater to the Ravens for one of their 4 young TEs? Maybe move Ingram to them for a first and pick up the next star RB with it? I hear they are looking at him.
You can't trade someone who isn't under contract! Therefore, they're not get'n squat for Bridgewater or Ingram if they decide to walk. I believe it's safe to say that Bridgewater is more than likely a gone pecan.

Given our current situation at the position, I think DT could/should be a major focus of both the draft and in FA. Corey Liuget just hit the market and guys like Rodney Gunter, Malcolm Brown, and Danny Shelton are also available. And that's on top of the name talents like Suh, Sheldon Richardson, and Mo Wilkerson. The draft is also pretty loaded at both NT and rush types. As big as a question mark as it is now, adding DT talent via FA and the draft could even further strengthen the position/rotation moving forward. Especially when Sheldon does come back.
I haven't seen the pending DT market laid out like this before, that seems quite a few options. Although, of course, this is before all the tagging and renegotiations dwindles the FA field, so I'll hold on to see who truly makes it onto the market.

Given our limited cap space, we no doubt want a wide field available so as not to be forced into overpaying.

I don't know if we should look at it that way. Onyemata and Rankins are very good DTs. Their absences will be temporary. If a DT is bpa I'm okay with it but I don't know about spending big money or prioritizing a pick. Adding a big investment as the 3rd DT isn't the worst idea but I think there are bigger priorities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom