With the 29th pick of the 2023 NFL draft...the Saints (1 Viewer)

I have done a few dozen mocks at pff.com/mock and the BPA at 29 has been a couple of people very consistently:

Stanford QB Tanner McKee
Florida Guard O'Cyrus Torrence
Penn State CB Joey Porter
Baylor D-Tackle Siaki Ika
T A&M Safety Antonio
Yeah these players are often still on the board in my simulations. It's not unusual to be looking at this:

The top Safety (Our most underrated need IMO)
The top LBer (Low key need since DD is 34 years old)
Top 3 Corner (Low key need depending on the plan for Alontae Taylor)
Top 3 DT (Massive need)
Top 2 TE (Need)
Top 2 RB (Not as pressing of a need but the position has to be addressed)

It's encouraging because this draft is pretty deep at our positions of need. This isn't a great draft overall but for the Saints' specific needs, it's pretty good. Having said that there is one position that concerns me, DE. There just aren't that many good pure DE prospects in this draft and most of the Edge prospects don't fit DA's defense. If DA was to transition to an odd man front then the draft would be wide open because there are a ton of Tweeners.

Yeah these players are often still on the board in my simulations. It's not unusual to be looking at this:

The top Safety (Our most underrated need IMO)
The top LBer (Low key need since DD is 34 years old)
Top 3 Corner (Low key need depending on the plan for Alontae Taylor)
Top 3 DT (Massive need)
Top 2 TE (Need)
Top 2 RB (Not as pressing of a need but the position has to be addressed)

It's encouraging because this draft is pretty deep at our positions of need. This isn't a great draft overall but for the Saints' specific needs, it's pretty good. Having said that there is one position that concerns me, DE. There just aren't that many good pure DE prospects in this draft and most of the Edge prospects don't fit DA's defense. If DA was to transition to an odd man front then the draft would be wide open because there are a ton of Tweeners.
Agree with safety and DT, but I think RB need is urgent. Good analysis in the post, though.

State of the Saints franchise:
We can make an argument for literally WR, TE, G, RB, QB, DT, DE, LB, S, and throw in K for kicks. Welcome to NOLA. Thanks Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom