With the 29th pick of the 2023 NFL draft...the Saints (1 Viewer)

Is it wrong if I just want to see a year where we actually get to use all of our picks instead of trading them away?
I'm with you on this, let's get BPA with these acquired picks and just add talent to this team, we are no longer one or two players away, we need to build this roster back up with talent with eyes toward the future.

I think thats why ML accepted the deal, bc he has the picks from SP combined to equal a mid first round. Which is exactly what SP said that he’s worth. So i expect a trade up.

If there is a quarterback in site, I think trading a player or two to move up would be ideal.

select somebody we have never heard of…. Then he plays 1-2 games then gets hurt and out for the season…. Then gets traded for a chicken-pot-pie after he chills on IR for a couple years 🤷‍♂️
Like Olave?

The trade didn't upset me but no matter what number we picked, I am not trusting the front office on making the right decision. They need to make this pick right. We got 3 picks within the past 4 or 5 years that gotten us almost no where. Davenport...often injured and regressed. Ruiz.....played too much like a 4th rounder. Inconsistent and struggled at times, even though played better this year. Then you have Turner, who can't seem to stay off injured reserve, regardless of injury. Is the front office going to mess it up again? We can have the first overall and I would still be nervous.

This is a silly post.

We have picked half a dozen all pros over the past 5 years and any complaints about who we've drafted is deranged. Davenport and Pete included.

select somebody we have never heard of…. Then he plays 1-2 games then gets hurt and out for the season…. Then gets traded for a chicken-pot-pie after he chills on IR for a couple years 🤷‍♂️
... to Philidelphia where said no name proceeds to then go on to be All Pro 10 years running.. & 1st ballot HOF?

Trade this year's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for CJ Stroud if he falls past 5.
This is horrible but I'll play along. So now you gave all our draft capital for a rookie QB. Your -52 million in cap so decent FAs are out, MT is getting released. So your down WRs, RB (AK suspended 6 gms), OLs to replace Peat(released), and you need 3 or 4 DTs because we no longer have Onyemata. Not to mention you gotta replace Davenport also. You have no money, no draft picks this year, and our 1st is gone again next year. Great Plan.

Last edited:
Everyone keeps going on and on about how bad DA.. go look at our offensive stats at QB and compare....

Now how many wins does that translate with a qb that isn't averaging 100 yards a game in the air.

We trade our 1st/2nd and next years 1st to move up to draft a QB. I can totally see that. If the Saints were desperate enough to pull the trade last year to get a WR/OL, could you imagine how desperate they’ll be for a QB?
This seems more likely….but I hope the powers that be realize that we are not in “win now” mode and actually trade back this draft to acquire the ammo to move up and get a franchise QB in ‘24. Fingers crossed

This seems more likely….but I hope the powers that be realize that we are not in “win now” mode and actually trade back this draft to acquire the ammo to move up and get a franchise QB in ‘24. Fingers crossed
DA has to win now to keep his job. I think that's why we went with the 1st this year instead of next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom