With the 29th pick of the 2023 NFL draft...the Saints (1 Viewer)

This is a silly post.

We have picked half a dozen all pros over the past 5 years and any complaints about who we've drafted is deranged. Davenport and Pete included.
You seriously say we have done well with our first rounders within the past 5 years? All pros? Can you name them? I am talking within the past 5 draft now. I am drawing a blank here.

The trade didn't upset me but no matter what number we picked, I am not trusting the front office on making the right decision. They need to make this pick right. We got 3 picks within the past 4 or 5 years that gotten us almost no where. Davenport...often injured and regressed. Ruiz.....played too much like a 4th rounder. Inconsistent and struggled at times, even though played better this year. Then you have Turner, who can't seem to stay off injured reserve, regardless of injury. Is the front office going to mess it up again? We can have the first overall and I would still be nervous.
If you get nervous, think of draft picks Loomis made like Cam Jordan and Ryan Ramczyk (both late 1st rounders), Lattimore, Olave, Werner, Alontae Taylor, Erik McCoy, Kamara, MT13. Even a guy like Kaden Elliss looked really good last year.

Yeah, the 2018 and 2020 drafts weren't good. But while I'll concede we can't guarantee our 1st rounder will be a great pick, I think it's just as silly as to automatically assume the front office will whiff on it.

Still waiting for the icing on the cake, not making a pick while the Saints are on the clock like the 2003 Vikings.

If you get nervous, think of draft picks Loomis made like Cam Jordan and Ryan Ramczyk (both late 1st rounders), Lattimore, Olave, Werner, Alontae Taylor, Erik McCoy, Kamara, MT13. Even a guy like Kaden Elliss looked really good last year.

Yeah, the 2018 and 2020 drafts weren't good. But while I'll concede we can't guarantee our 1st rounder will be a great pick, I think it's just as silly as to automatically assume the front office will whiff on it.
Still makes me nervous..our first rounder within the past 5 years haven't really pan out as well as they should. We are talking first rounder here. They should be the main difference maker in time for our team. Davenport has regressed. Ruiz has been inconsistent and Turner is on injured reserved every chance he gets. So there is a sense of uneasiness on the first day of the draft.

DA has to win now to keep his job. I think that's why we went with the 1st this year instead of next year.
I hope deep down that Loomis knows that DA is a coach to hold the fort till we can get that franchise QB and hire an offensive minded coach to guide him.

Trade this year's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for CJ Stroud if he falls past 5.
If that’s our MO, then it would cost us our 1st next year as well. However, IF……and I say “IF” we are looking for a young QB now, then send that 29th pick to Chicago for Justin Fields. There I said it!!!

The trade didn't upset me but no matter what number we picked, I am not trusting the front office on making the right decision. They need to make this pick right. We got 3 picks within the past 4 or 5 years that gotten us almost no where. Davenport...often injured and regressed. Ruiz.....played too much like a 4th rounder. Inconsistent and struggled at times, even though played better this year. Then you have Turner, who can't seem to stay off injured reserve, regardless of injury. Is the front office going to mess it up again? We can have the first overall and I would still be nervous.
You can say that about almost every team. Ruiz came in during covid so really didn't have a rookie yr and had to switch positions, He's playing like 1st rd pick now. We have had a good bit more hits than misses in the last 4-5 yrs

This is horrible but I'll play along. So now you gave all our draft capital for a rookie QB. Your -52 million in cap so decent FAs are out, MT is getting released. So your down WRs, RB (AK suspended 6 gms), OLs to replace Peat(released), and you need 3 or 4 DTs because we no longer have Onyemata. Not to mention you gotta replace Davenport also. You have no money, no draft picks this year, and our 1st is gone again next year. Great Plan.
Sounds like a 4-13 season coming and a top 5 pick in next years draft which we won't have because we just traded it away:)

Still makes me nervous..our first rounder within the past 5 years haven't really pan out as well as they should. We are talking first rounder here. They should be the main difference maker in time for our team. Davenport has regressed. Ruiz has been inconsistent and Turner is on injured reserved every chance he gets. So there is a sense of uneasiness on the first day of the draft.
Ruiz hasn't been inconsistent, he has had a development arc. It's not the same thing.

Year one - young, a rookie, no training camp, switched positions - wasn't great

Year two - was the only consistent piece in a MASH OL, flip flopped positions - played better in a tough environment but still not playing up to the level hoped for

Year three - performed consistently well before his injury and was, for much of the time, our best OL.

This is horrible but I'll play along. So now you gave all our draft capital for a rookie QB. Your -52 million in cap so decent FAs are out, MT is getting released. So your down WRs, RB (AK suspended 6 gms), OLs to replace Peat(released), and you need 3 or 4 DTs because we no longer have Onyemata. Not to mention you gotta replace Davenport also. You have no money, no draft picks this year, and our 1st is gone again next year. Great Plan.
At some point we will need a QB. We aren’t winning until that happens. Payton didn’t want to be here and still doesn’t want to be here because of that fact. You have to pay to get a QB in most circumstances. You can hit the pottery with Brees, Brady…but we are talking about unbelievably poor odds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom