With the 29th pick of the 2023 NFL draft...the Saints (1 Viewer)

You seriously say we have done well with our first rounders within the past 5 years? All pros? Can you name them? I am talking within the past 5 draft now. I am drawing a blank here.

I don't care about the first round, but we've picked Lattimore, Kamarra, Ram, Olave, Werner, Ceedy Deuce, MT, Adebo, Ruiz who played very well this year and guys we couldn't keep.

Arguing that the Saints draft poorly is simply wrong especially over the past 5 or 6 years.

I don't care about the first round, but we've picked Lattimore, Kamarra, Ram, Olave, Werner, Ceedy Deuce, MT, Adebo, Ruiz who played very well this year and guys we couldn't keep.

Arguing that the Saints draft poorly is simply wrong especially over the past 5 or 6 years.
really? You don't care about our first rounder? I get what you saying about the others but to whiff on your first rounders is not a good look. And I never say we did poorly in the draft. I am saying in the past 5 years, our first round picks has been less than desirable. Of course not counting last year yet.

Hendon Hooker, I would get him in the 1st to have 5 years to see if he's the real deal that he showed this year before injury. If you wait till the 2nd round you're rolling dice.
I highly doubt Hooker goes before the 3rd. With the question marks out on him....I am fine with letting someone else gamble on him with a 1st or 2nd.

Sounds like a 4-13 season coming and a top 5 pick in next years draft which we won't have because we just traded it away:)
5 win cap this year. Makes me feel better about canceling season tickets next season. I need to save more money anyway, LOL. I should have known that something in the milk wasn't clean last year when they sent us those 3-week lifespan Season Ticket holder window decals. And an inexplicable mammoth-sized Saints banner. Prepared to be a casual fan (after 15 rabid years). Zero trust in DA, PC, and FO. And no MT and suspended AK!

At some point we will need a QB. We aren’t winning until that happens. Payton didn’t want to be here and still doesn’t want to be here because of that fact. You have to pay to get a QB in most circumstances. You can hit the pottery with Brees, Brady…but we are talking about unbelievably poor odds.
If you hit the pottery too hard it will shatter.
I agree with you. 😊

really? You don't care about our first rounder? I get what you saying about the others but to whiff on your first rounders is not a good look. And I never say we did poorly in the draft. I am saying in the past 5 years, our first round picks has been less than desirable. Of course not counting last year yet.

So. you're saying Lattimore and Ram are bad picks? Even excluding last year?

So. you're saying Lattimore and Ram are bad picks? Even excluding last year?
Since Davenport. That's 2018.. that's five years right. The jury is still out on penning. But I am more optimistic with him

I did a few draft simulations with our new pick and some quality players have been on the board at #29. Obviously the players will rise and fall during the draft process but regardless, we'll be looking at some quality options at #29. There's usually a lot of value at TE, Safety, run stopping DTs, Guards, and LBs at the end of round 1. Might be that sweet spot where value meets need.

Surely they aren't going to use this pick to trade up. Right?

I did a few draft simulations with our new pick and some quality players have been on the board at #29. Obviously the players will rise and fall during the draft process but regardless, we'll be looking at some quality options at #29. There's usually a lot of value at TE, Safety, run stopping DTs, Guards, and LBs at the end of round 1. Might be that sweet spot where value meets need.

Surely they aren't going to use this pick to trade up. Right?
Loomis says, "Of course I'm going to trade up and don't call me Shirley".

Maybe we need a separate thread to track all the mock drafts but i found it interesting that the first two i found had us taking another DE.

30. New Orleans Saints (from 49ers through Broncos)

• Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia (6-3, 235 pounds)
The Saints are back in the first round after trading Sean Payton to Denver, getting the original San Francisco pick. Although New Orleans might think quarterback here should Richardson be available, Marcus Davenport likely won't be re-signed and the Saints also need to think about more edge help with Cameron Jordan going into his Age-34 season.

29 New Orleans (from Denver)​

2023 Mock Draft Latest Call: Zach Harrison DE Ohio State

This 29th pick gets around. It was San Francisco’s, and then it was Miami’s, and then it was Denver’s. The Saints – who get this in the Sean Payton deal – need a quarterback, but this might be a wee bit of a stretch for Tennessee’s Hendon Hooker. They also need work on the defensive front, and Harrison is a stronger option than any of the available tackles.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
DT, edge rusher, or WR seem like they could be the best value at our spot. I know people keep harping on us needing to draft a QB but we can't fall into the trap of overdrafting a guy to fit a need.

It's still early in the process and almost every year the mock drafts that come out pre-combine are way off compared to the actual draft results. None of the so called draft experts really have a clue how team scouting departments are grading these prospects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom