With the current Injuries, we should temper our Superbowl expectations and just enjoy the rest of the season. (1 Viewer)

I dunno man... the way our offense demolished the best defense in the league, and the way we've played with more crucial players out this year, leaves me to think we aren't out of the Super Bowl opportunity until we are actually eliminated. The defense didn't lose because of lack of talent. They lost because of poor game planning, discipline and fundamentals. All of those are fixable. Just like how our special teams showed up this game despite showing several issues the past few weeks.

I think we are more battle tested than any team out there and so yes, we have our wounds, but the way Sean had this team prepared, defense not withstanding, leaves me the expectation that we are just as worthy and capable of winning the SB as any other team.

What's weird about this season is that it was very fun at the start (I am rarely pleasantly surprised by anything anymore, but going 5-0 w/ Teddy was a pleasant surprise), but has been a lot less fun since the bye.

Even if we lose every game the rest of the way and are one-and-done, I'll always fondly remember being in the Dome for the "Teddy! Teddy! Teddy!" chants vs. Tampa. But it's rough when you realize the window for another title is closing rapidly.

(No, none of the above is meant to say Teddy is a better QB than Drew)

Part of why that winning streak was so special is because I think most of us felt the season was doomed when Brees got hurt. Most people had written us off, and there was definitely no expectations of winning, or even staying competitive, at least not from me. Yet, now we've won the NFC south and are going to the playoffs. No matter what happens, the season has been a pleasant surprise. Even after a tough, close loss to maybe the best the the best team in the league, I still think anything's possible if the team digs deep enough and wants it enough. I hope for the best, but now I'm just along for the ride.

Saw this on Reddit ...forgot about Bobby McCray

there is some inspiration

Image result for bobby mmcray hit kurt warner gif

Have to agree with the OP. Next man up stuff is a myth.

Not sure why you think that. It literally is the next man up. Even SB winning teams deal with injuries. The question is whether the next man up is going to get the job done or be a liability. We are very fortunate to have such good depth in my opinion.

Agreed. These last few seasons have been such a roller coaster ride. I think it’s easy to get lost in our emotions when we are so ‘zoomed’ in on details.

We gotta step back and realize that the saints have been a legit force the last few seasons and it’s something many teams would be envious of.

Who knows how this season plays out from here. There are concerns with injuries.

Never know. These boys in black n gold will play their hearts out. That’s what we can count on.

We achieved more than I expected this year. Simply rebounding from the Minnesota Miracle and Referee Gate to win our 3 NFC South championship is a major accomplishment. Not to mention we lost Drew for an extended period and are sitting at 10 wins.

A lot goes into winning it all; only one team will do so but we should be very proud of our team. I’m looking forward to Minnesota in round 1. If we can beat them it will be icing on the cake.

I just enjoy my favorite football player of all time, Drew Brees.

So him having arguably the greatest performance of his career, all things considering, lessened the blow from the loss by a great deal. I expected Allen to blow it in the end and the extremely poor clock management by Payton along with asinine decisions like going for 2 instead an onside kick and then the utterly ridiculous fake punt with a pass to a gunner who could legally be interfered with all the way down the sidelines. You stop having hopes for another Super Bowl victory rather quickly. Payton and Allen will do that to you.

I'm just upset for Drew Brees.

I'm looking forward to him getting to 540 TDs this Monday night. Hopefully Payton and Allen do their jobs and it's in a win.

Nah. I haven't tempered anything. I dont necessarily *expect* a SB bid but im not in despair over these injuries and believe we are as likely as anyone else in the NFC. Saints arent the only team dealing with injuries. We've had injuries on both sides of the ball all year and we are 10 and 3. We have a one game aberration with the Falcons. The saints are elite. Period. I ain't tempering sh*t.

As bad as refs have been we have yet to lose a game this year because of them. I still think we win the whole thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom