with the hornets success, and the saints popularity? (1 Viewer)

biggest star in new orleans?

• reggie bush

Votes: 99 17.2%
  • drew brees

Votes: 195 33.9%
  • marques colston

Votes: 8 1.4%
  • chris paul

Votes: 271 47.0%
  • david west

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • tyson chandler

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Who cares if this is a football town?

Seriously guys.

Chris Paul is about to win the MVP trophy of the NBA. Reggie has never even sniffed that. Add to that the poorus season from the Saints last year in the weak NFC, while the Hornets are DOMINATING in the toughest conference year possibly in NBA history and it's easily Paul.

He's the one in the Louisiana commercials. His jersey and shoes are being worn by everyone. He's getting all the media and coverage right now.

Take the black and gold off for a second and let's be reasonable, right now Chris Paul is the biggest star in New Orleans. The Hornets playoff run will solidify that.

comparing athletes from different sports is useless anyway.....each sport requires a different skill set.....while drew brees may not be as athletic as CP3, he is certainly a top QB in the NFL.....

apples, meet oranges

right now Chris Paul is the biggest star in New Orleans.

key words "right now"...until football season

my point was to take in consideration the players star wise and athlete wise, if you know what i mean.

If the Hornets win the Championship, hands down, CP3 will be the biggest combination on a national basis, but once August comes, no doubt Reggie Bush and Drew Brees will be on a bigger stage, hence, bigger stars.

the football gods shall smite you for such blasphemy....football is king in this town and it stands to reason that the "biggest star" in new orleans is a football player.....

but the argument is kind of silly considering that it is the off season for football.....so yeah, maybe at this point in time, chris paul may be that "biggest star"....when football comes back around, it will not even be close

Sorry, but to say it would not be close is silly. Paul is one of the top players in the entire NBA. To blow that off because of the claim that this is a "football town" is ridiculous. The great thing is that we have multiple sports stars in this town that we can be proud of - Brees, Bush, Colston (hopefully eventually Vilma) and Paul, West and Chandler. We should be proud of BOTH of our professional teams.

when I think of a active player in new orleans, I am drawn to Chris Paul, not Reggie Bush.

Chris is rewriting records, he wins this.

the football gods shall smite you for such blasphemy....football is king in this town and it stands to reason that the "biggest star" in new orleans is a football player.....

but the argument is kind of silly considering that it is the off season for football.....so yeah, maybe at this point in time, chris paul may be that "biggest star"....when football comes back around, it will not even be close

Thanks for clarifying what I was trying to say.

Although, this question depends if you just mean Biggest Star to people in New Orleans or Biggest Star in New Orleans as viewed by the rest of the country. From the outside looking in its Paul, for those in NOLA it has to be Brees with Reggie right there.

Plenty of my relatives and friends are football junkies but do not pay attention to basketball. This is what I base this on. I myself love both sports and was giddy when we got another NBA team.

New Orleans is a football town, so I rank them:

1. Drew Brees
1. Reggie Bush (tie)
3. CP3

Very happy to have them all in the Crescent City. :9:

Last edited:
Since basketball and football barely overlap....its all about the season. Right now its CP3. In September it will be Brees.

If Reggie puts up 1600 yds (total) he'll be the guy. If not C Paul takes it hands down.

Sorry, but to say it would not be close is silly. Paul is one of the top players in the entire NBA. To blow that off because of the claim that this is a "football town" is ridiculous.

it's not ridiculous...it's a fact.....i am willing to bet my next paycheck that there are many more fans of football in the new orleans area than fans of basketball.....

close to 70,000 people pack the dome.....compared to 20,000 in the arena.....it's not even close how much bigger football is in the area.....now, there is certainly room for the hornets to grow in popularity.....but you can't ignore the fact that football is the top dog here

CP is one of the top players in the NBA.....drew brees is one of the top players in the NFL at his position.....so that point is mute(yes, i know it's spelled wrong)

Since basketball and football barely overlap....its all about the season. Right now its CP3. In September it will be Brees.

i agree

i think one of the biggest things between cp and drew brees is that it has been proved many times. cp can carry his team and pretty much do whatever he wants to do with the basketball, his terrible games are some pg career games. drew brees cannot, when the teams off it is usually because of him, overthrowing passes, underthrowing.

If Paul, Bush and Brees walked into the Superdome for the Bacchus Bash I'm not sure who would get the most attention, but I can tell you this, CP3 is being talked about all over the nation, neither Brees or Bush can claim that.

The OP did say N.O., so I'll defer to my first statement. I would tend to think it would depend on who was asked. If it was a club, Reggie would have the most fans. If it was an Accountant Convention, I think it would be Paul. I think Brees is not on the level of each of these guys when you're talking about what kind of attention they recieve from fans....unless it's at a Saints fans gathering.

drew brees cannot, when the teams off it is usually because of him, overthrowing passes, underthrowing.

yeah, i hate whe drew plays bad defense

:shrug:

CP3 is being talked about all over the nation, neither Brees or Bush can claim that.

come on brah, when we made our run to the NFCCG, drew and reggie were the talk of the football world

Reggie Bush is still the biggest star in New Orleans athlete-wise

This is true. Brees is the best football player, Paul is the best player in either sport, but Bush is a bona-fide star. Whether it's what he does on the field or who he's dating, Reggie moves the meter nationally more than anyone else in NO.

I say this after voting for Brees. Wish I could change now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom