With the offseason fast approaching. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Mike, I know you’re busy with the up coming draft. I'd like to echo the sentiments of SR.com a thank you for all the great information you provide both through your draft guide and through your visit's to this site.

Mike, I know trading 1st round picks almost never is a good idea, but given the Saints horrid situation on defense, and (IMHO) their very good, al be, under performing in 2007, offense. Is there any potential FA in 08 that might be that spark this defense could build around?

I have a hard time thinking that there is a player like that in this year’s draft. No offense to the great defensive players in this draft, but to expect them to come to the Saints defense and lift them up is probably asking too much.

Also, some people seem comfortable with throwing Gary Gibbs under the bus. I for one am not. I think the defense greatly overachieved last season, as teams tend to do after a coaching change. Now this season the unit and team has settled back to its own level. What concerns me more are the FA and draft decisions made in 2007. I mean everyone knew Jason David was a zone CB and not skilled at man-man. Why did they target a player that was not suited for their system? Meacham?? What’s the real story? Is he in some kind of super dog house? Did they just pull a Shawn Knight?

Again, I'm not willing to throw Mickey Loomis under any bus, especially since I was highly critical of him being promoted to GM, but he won me over the last few seasons, but 2007? I'm not saying anything, but I'm just saying...

Thanks Mike, for your time.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Yew Year to you and yours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom