With the rumor of Harper being included in a deal (1 Viewer)

I think this deal is gonna happen. Like other users have said on here, to much smoke to not have a flame. If i was GM, which of course Im not...I'd do a little something like this on draft day.

Trade 10 for 19 and Sheppard.
Eagles get Clady

Trade 19 and Harper for Shockley an 31. (If they take, which I think they will because nobody else is gonna pony up there starting SS in his 3rd year for the guy who was getting drunk in the club box at the superbowl)

At 31 - You can grab a guy like mayo, or a DT like Laws before the 2nd round rush is on for him. I don't think Trevor Laws will make it to 40.

That would have us finishing the first round with a starting CB, TE, and DT. Not a bad first round by any means.

With pick 40 and most of your needs met, you have still have a hole at SS. At this point you can trade back in the 2nd, grab an extra pick in the 4th and grab Barret late in the 2nd.

2 rds = 2 probowlers TE an CB, starting DT, and a new saftey with incrediable measureables. Use the 3rd to secure a WR or if a OL slips, 4th can pick up another DT or CB like Molden if hes still there.

That would be an excellent draft, in my opinion.

Even though I like the idea of getting Shockey in trade during the draft, I don't think that he is worth the equivalent of two round 2 picks. I would rather give up a 3rd round pick if something else in addition to switching from pick 19 to pick 31 is necessary.

While I'm warming up to bringing in Shockey, I'm not thrilled that we're dealing Harper.
The fact that we are creating a hole in the secondary just to create another target for Brees seems a bit silly. Who's going to play SS? Harper is due for a breakout year IMO, and trading him away before we even see what he's got sounds foolish.

Even though I like the idea of getting Shockey in trade during the draft, I don't think that he is worth the equivalent of two round 2 picks. I would rather give up a 3rd round pick if something else in addition to switching from pick 19 to pick 31 is necessary.

Who would you pick at 19 that would be a bigger game changer than Shockley? Im not being sarcastic, Im just curious?

Yeah, I'll be ****** if he leaves. Harper is my fan favorite right now, just cause he is the only true talent in Safety area.

The problem with Josh Barrett is that he was BENCHED for poor play by his coach in his senior year. That's ridiculous. I don't care how big and fast he is, he'd be a big mistake.

I think Harper is a centerpiece player....he is smart and instintive and played well enough that the Giants see the potential in this kid.....I just dont think Shockey is a big enough need to lose a young player like Harper for....
Absolutely. I also think Harper is a strong leader on and off the field. TE is not as big a need as the secondary. We have Johnson, Miller and Mark Campbell as TE's. IIRC, Shockey is not always noted for his team attitude either.

We should trade back up to make sure we get Kenny Phillips

a trade with Philly for Sheppard would put is in the 19th slot
with a chance to get K Phillips. Instantly our secondary would be vastly improved.

did I mention that I'd like us to land Kenny Phillips?:9:

Move Josh Bullocks into the SS spot and put Kaesviharn at FS... Draft a young FS to eventually take over for KK.

Bullocks would be a very solid SS IMO.

Move Josh Bullocks into the SS spot and put Kaesviharn at FS... Draft a young FS to eventually take over for KK.

Bullocks would be a very solid SS IMO.

Yeah because he's so physical and he takles so well right? /sarcasm off

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom