With the signing of Morgan..... (1 Viewer)

Seriously? I implied who ever did not win the starting job would be the backup.

WLB - Scott Shanle or Dan Morgan (I really see these guys just rotating sort of a 1a 1b type) Backup - Mark Simoneau, Dan Morgan or Scott Shanle

Sorry, I went to hit "Go Advanced" so I could put in the smiley, but hit "post quick reply" instead by mistake. Then you beat me to editing!

This really might take Rivers out of the equation at #10. Which is fine, I do not think he is worth that high of a pick. DT or CB seems more likley.

Can Dan Morgan even play a down? %$^&, we got a MLB with a questionable knee and a Concussed OLB. I love them both and followed them at U of M, but it seem like we are reaching for the stars this offseason.
Good thing about reaching for the stars, If you miss, you still have a shot for the moon!

Morgan and Vilma not enough

I still take a lb in the 2nd., Erin Henderson from Maryland or Xavier Adibi from Virginia Tech.
DRC in the first.
LB in the 2nd.
DeMario Prestly dt in the 4th
Thomas DeCloud s in the 5th
Matt Flynn in the 6th
Another Marques Colston in the 7th:9:

shanle has no chance of beating dan morgan out, for the time he's healthy at least.

I think another important point is this should hopefully push Shanle and possible Mitchell to be better.

Given Morgan's injury history, I doubt this changes anything in the draft with respect to taking Rivers. He's only given a one year deal. H emay not even make the final roster. He'll probably get hurt in camp. I don't think any of us really know who the saints are going to pick in this coming draft but I do believe it will be on the D side of the ball in round 1 and my money is still on Rivers if one of those DTs fail to fall to #10.

hate to break it to you guys, but Morgan and Vilma were never signed to actually play. They are merely spare parts to be used for the purposes of upgrading The Shanle, Simoneoux, and Fujita into ball swarming, QB blitzing, mouth foaming, rabid monsters. They'll become the most feared trio of white linebackers ever known to the NFL and will become instant legends. Vilma and Morgan will be called heroes for their sacrifice and Tom Benson will do a special boogie for them at halftime of the Superbowl.

Why Morgan at WLB? Vilma should be a more natural WLB, he is faster, a bit undersized, and would beat out Shanle for sure. I would put Morgan in the middle, and I think that's where he will end up playing.

Maybe they figure that if Morgan stays at WLB, he won't be abused that much. But they might think that Vilma by having a bum knee is the bigger risk on the outside.....who knows?

But I kinda like the Morgan signing. He proved beyond a shadow of doubt that if healthy, he could be a major force at LBs......I would still put a big DT up-front.....just in case

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom