NFL Draft With their first pick in the 2021 draft, the Saints select.... (1 Viewer)

Editor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sticky Post
....Najee Harris, running back, Alabama.

Another multi-threat addition to an offense that will need to adjust to a new starter at QB. In addition to commanding the attention of opposing defenses on his own, stopping the Saints’ offense becomes even more problematic when he pairs with Kamara.

The Saints offense will likely favor the run until Jamie’s can prove otherwise. If he (Winston) ends up meeting all our hopes as a passer, having Harris is still a major bonus not just as a receiver, but as another weapon to be accounted for.

And yes, in a pinch he can also play safety. 😜

cajunyankee1

Practice Squad
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With as many needs as we have I would prefer we trade down a little and have more picks to work with. A few years ago Pat Kerwin on NFL radio stated that at least 50% of 1st round draft picks usually didn't pan out. It also makes sense given the lack of cap space available.

Last edited:

Bloop

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With as many needs as we have I would prefer we trade down a little and have more picks to work with. A few years ago Pat Kerwin on NFL radio stated that at least 50% of 1st round draft picks usually didn't pan out. It also makes sense given the lack of cap space available.
If they didn't trade back in 2015 2016 or 2019 I don't think they would do it now. In 2015 we had the 12th pick and SEVERAL holes on the roster and selected a guard

SaintsSwag

Hall-Of-Famer
Reaction score
Im gonna say either Greg newsome CB, or Kadarious Toney WR
I'm not a big fan of toney, but I love Greg Newsome.

A very underrated guy I think the Saints could potentially target is Levi Onwuzurike.

Levi is a monster 3 tech and dominated every game for Washington. I mean his film is amazing, and after watching it he's probably one of my favorite, if not my favorite player in this draft. Always creating havoc!

WinAnother

Veteran
Reaction score
Gut feeling Toney or Najee Harris

Hoping for Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Zaven Collins. Greg Newsome or Celeb Farley

Shadeaux

dear shadeuzx Lord
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
trade down and pick up trask

:sir-saint:

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Certainly, none of us know who will be available when the Saints pick. But I assume that most of the players that have been mentioned in this thread will already be off the board by that point -- Surtain, Farley, Najee Harris and maybe Newsome and Collins as well. If Newsome and Collins are both still available, that would make for a tough choice. The need for a starting caliber CB is obvious as is the need for a difference making LB.

While I like Newsome a lot and would be fine with him as the pick at 28, but if Collins is still there, I believe he would be the best choice. I have a natural dislike for taking TEs and LBs in the first round, but I think Collins will be special. I also believe that the best CB in this draft may be a guy that the Saints could likely get with their pick at 60 -- Paulson Adebo.

Last edited:

SteveNBFD

Rookie
Reaction score
I would like Newsome but I think there is more depth at corner to get later so, I would like Zaven Collins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom