NFL Draft With their first pick in the 2021 draft, the Saints select.... (1 Viewer)

Editor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
....Najee Harris, running back, Alabama.

Another multi-threat addition to an offense that will need to adjust to a new starter at QB. In addition to commanding the attention of opposing defenses on his own, stopping the Saints’ offense becomes even more problematic when he pairs with Kamara.

The Saints offense will likely favor the run until Jamie’s can prove otherwise. If he (Winston) ends up meeting all our hopes as a passer, having Harris is still a major bonus not just as a receiver, but as another weapon to be accounted for.

And yes, in a pinch he can also play safety. 😜

....Najee Harris, running back, Alabama.

Another multi-threat addition to an offense that will need to adjust to a new starter at QB. In addition to commanding the attention of opposing defenses on his own, stopping the Saints’ offense becomes even more problematic when he pairs with Kamara.

The Saints offense will likely favor the run until Jamie’s can prove otherwise. If he (Winston) ends up meeting all our hopes as a passer, having Harris is still a major bonus not just as a receiver, but as another weapon to be accounted for.

And yes, in a pinch he can also play safety. 😜
Would love that pick, Saints would be set in the backfield for next 5 years. This move will help the defense immensely. A grind it out TOP offense if Payton stays patient with it, will give the Saints a big advantage everygame.

Right now I am stuck between Elijah Moore and Trevon Moehrig as being the most realistic scenario... But weirder things have happened.

I would not cry if Harris was the pick... I think he's made for our offense... but so is Kamara... so there's that.

Conventional Wisdom says we need a CB but Najee Harris is just the kind of pick we’d really make.
I just watched NFL channel about Bama's pro day and they talked about Najee and that he was the best RB pass catcher they have ever seen. Comparisons to Derek Henry were also made. As I was watching I thought Harris was just the kind of player that Coach Payton would salivate over. While I believe we still have to go defense with the #1, Harris would indeed be interesting, that is if he lasts that long in the first round!

Conventional Wisdom says we need a CB but Najee Harris is just the kind of pick we’d really make.
The opposite actually. We don’t target big play homerun hitters in the 1st. I’ve been hyping up Najee forever now, but some team will have to be smart enough to draft him before we do. Crazy how this guy is not getting any shine due to QB needy teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom