NFL Draft With their first pick in the 2021 draft, the Saints select.... (1 Viewer)

Certainly, none of us know who will be available when the Saints pick. But I assume that most of the players that have been mentioned in this thread will already be off the board by that point -- Surtain, Farley, Najee Harris and maybe Newsome and Collins as well. If Newsome and Collins are both still available, that would make for a tough choice. The need for a starting caliber CB is obvious as is the need for a difference making LB.

While I like Newsome a lot and would be fine with him as the pick at 28, but if Collins is still there, I believe he would be the best choice. I have a natural dislike for taking TEs and LBs in the first round, but I think Collins will be special. I also believe that the best CB in this draft may be a guy that the Saints could likely get with their pick at 60 -- Paulson Adebo.

Last edited:
Jerimiah Owusu-Koramoah LB, Zaven Collins LB, Greg Newsome CB, or Kyle Trask QB.

Those are our pick choices in priority order.

However I think Owusu-Kormamoah, Collins and Newsome could all be gone when we pick at 28.
Having said that I am more coming to feel that QB, Kyle Trask, or Najee Harris RB, out of Alabama will be our pick.

Next year is projected to be a weak QB year. How many times are you able to draft a QB with a completion rate of 72+%,
with an outstanding Touchdown to Interception ratio, who has the measurables, 6'5", 235lbs., can run some, very accurate,
strong arm talent, and has played the best defenses of the SEC. He has seen it all, and has been very productive. Finished fourth in the Heisman
Trophy voting.

The other Quarterbacks being talked about will be gone. Trask is left and has been more productive than 4 out of the five others. Trask is the Sleeper.

So a possible franchise Quarterback is there to be had. And the surprise pick, which the SAINTS tend to do, is Najee Harris RB. Now there's a
pick we can get on board with and is the super productive do-it-all Harris.

My surprise picks at 28 are either Kyle Trask QB, or the bell cow runner, Najee Harris RB.

I prefer the LB, or DL. But I don't see us passing on Trask at 28 or risking not be able to get him at all.
There are other quality starting LBers in this deep draft as there are DL, WRs.

I'm almost positive we will go offense at either WR, RB, or QB... With Drew gone we will need to get some "Juice" on offense or a future QB prospect to groom or even compete for the job... The only way I can see us going defense is if the Top Safety prospect or is available, or if a very good CB falls unexpectedly.

I'm still thinking - T. Marshall / Elijah Moore / Trevon Moehrig / Kyle Trask / Caleb Farley (outside chance due to injury concerns)

Please no more 1st round RBs.

IMHO If they go for Trask (or another high pick QB), they see Winston as a bridge. If they don’t make that pick happen, in some way, then I believe they plan for Winston to be the Saints QB for years.

I'm almost positive we will go offense at either WR, RB, or QB... With Drew gone we will need to get some "Juice" on offense or a future QB prospect to groom or even compete for the job... The only way I can see us going defense is if the Top Safety prospect or is available, or if a very good CB falls unexpectedly.

I'm still thinking - T. Marshall / Elijah Moore / Trevon Moehrig / Kyle Trask / Caleb Farley (outside chance due to injury concerns)

I sure hope not. We have more holes on the defensive side of the ball, we lost our most productive pass rusher, a stud LB (Kwon), and our 2nd CB.....on offense we lost a worn down version of a once great QB....

Unless an offensive player that is far and away BPA when we pick..... I want BPA on defense with the first few picks....

Any player picked, you can rest assure that they will say "we have definite vision for this player".

I think LB won´t be in their plans (unless they absolutely love a prospect). They invested too much draft capital on Baun last year. They might want to see how he progresses. The BPA/Need sweet spot might come down to CB, DT or WR, and I wouldn´t rule out DE, since Cam Jordan is nearing the end of his career.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom