With two starting linebackers out vs a strong outside running team, your friendly reminder that a loss does NOT decide the Saints season (1 Viewer)

literature

All-Pro
Reaction score
First of all, I don’t think the Saints will lose, but we benefit from keeping things in perspective-

No matter what happens, the Saints are still division winners with a guaranteed home playoff game. This is a tested team that can overcome adversity and win on the road in hostile environments. A win Sunday is very helpful but doesn’t decide their playoff fate. Win or lose, the Saints will probably still see the 49ers in the playoffs, hopefully when healthier.

First of all, I don’t think the Saints will lose, but we benefit from keeping things in perspective-

No matter what happens, the Saints are still division winners with a guaranteed home playoff game. This is a tested team that can overcome adversity and win on the road in hostile environments. A win Sunday is very helpful but doesn’t decide their playoff fate. Win or lose, the Saints will probably still see the 49ers in the playoffs, hopefully when healthier.

like the way you try to cushion the blow!

It’s a reason Craig Robertson is here let’s not forget he was the starting MLB on that team as well as Anthony played SLB that season before getting cut . Lastly we’ve brought back Te’o who started last season at Mike for us we’ll be fine at the Mike and WLB I’m worried about the SAM

Not worried about losing ether, but should that happen, some fans are like....
P4l9vZr.gif

The rest of us now & after the game....
2jgBCcg.gif

If I had to bet I’d say if they test Robertson he’s going to make them pay. The concern would be more about the third LB, I am assuming 49ers wil probably be in heavier formations

I do believe we will win the game, but we have been susceptible to the outside run. The 49ers do that very well. So yards will come to the outside and on reverses. Gonna have to force a turnover or 2. They won't run up the middle much

I’d rather lose now than in the playoffs, but of course would rather win both times. Who dat!

Robertson makes splash plays... then gets horribly beat on the next 8 plays... then makes another splash play.
We're not likely to play more straight up base than nickel... even against the 49ers.
Winning this game will be on our offense. Not our defense.
Zebras are a factor.

Robertson makes splash plays... then gets horribly beat on the next 8 plays... then makes another splash play.
We're not likely to play more straight up base than nickel... even against the 49ers.
Winning this game will be on our offense. Not our defense.
Zebras are a factor.

I cannot see us playing more nickel than base against the 49ers heavy rushing attack that would be a mismatch and a major mistake imo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom